The debate over whether or not video games count as art is essentially over, as the Supreme Court ruled that they in fact are art, and as such entitled to the same sorts of first amendment protections that books, movies and magazines enjoy.
But before that ruling, many gamers had the desire to turn their favorite games into ACTUAL art, and so we have this rather cool gallery. These pieces draw from famous works of art, and sub in game characters when appropriate. I think the Alyx Vance Mona Lisa is my favorite (her eyes, they follow me…), but there are a ton of other good ones in this gallery.
Check it out for yourself below, and if there are any out there you think should be included, shoot me a link in the comments.
You can also read:
- A Gallery of Logos Made Out of Food
- A Gallery of The Big Lebowski as Fine Art
- A Gallery of Girls Who Actually Bought that R2D2 Swimsuit
- Hey Look, a Gallery of a Guy Dressed as Raiden for Once
- A Gallery of 15 Road Signs as Movies