Many regard the Coen Brothers’ The Big Lebowski as a piece of cinematic art, and for good reason. It’s one of the better black comedies in existence and….ahhh, who am I kidding? Confession time, I’m not as huge of a fan of this film as most others are. Perhaps I saw it too long ago, but I didn’t really understand the appeal, and I’ll have to revisit it again to see if I get anything else out of it. Yes, yes, now yell at me because my opinion differs from yours.
But while you’re formulating your rebuttal, check out artist Joe Forkan’s series of paintings that turn The Big Lebowski into classic art. He took various scenes from the movie, and painted them in the style of historic paintings of old.
Check out the full series below and no, I do not believe they’re for sale. Pretty to look at though.
So, why do you love Lebowski and I’m a big stupid idiot cause I don’t?
You can also read:
- A Gallery of Girls Who Actually Bought that R2D2 Swimsuit
- Hey Look, a Gallery of a Guy Dressed as Raiden for Once
- A Gallery of 15 Road Signs as Movies
- A Cool Gallery of Robin Fanart
- An Impressive Cosplay Gallery from Eressea Sama