The unique Bloons TD5 tower defense game is more popular than ever. In this game, your objective is to prevent the balloons (bloons in the game) from reaching the end of a specified course. You achieve this through the use of towers or by placing obstacles (usually monkeys) in their path. For instance, some of the towers slow down the bloons so you have more time to pop them. You lose a life or health every time a bloon reaches the end of the designated course. Once you’ve depleted your health (or lives), the game is over.
Every time you pop a bloon, you earn money. You also earn money when you complete levels. This money is used to purchase new towers, upgrade the ones already in your possession, or to buy special items like road spikes and exploding pineapples. While this concept seems easy enough, many know that this game can get quite challenging. To help you level up like never before, consider the following Bloons TD5 Cheats:
1. Unlimited Money
There are several ways to get extra money in this game (as you will see) but, few are more effective than the following method:
- Place one of your weakest towers on the map.
- Hit unlock all upgrades and then hit exit. This should take you back to your loading screen.
- Now you can sell your towers as many times as you like. When you are ready to play, press the info button to get back to the action.
2. Level Restart
Losing a game sucks, especially when you’re stuck on a level. You go through your health so quickly trying to beat it and, before you know it, you have to wait several hours to try again. This Bloons TD5 cheat ensures you will never feel this frustration again.
When you lose a game don’t spend any money or return to the main menu to try again. Instead:
- Close the game and reopen it
- Select continue when presented with the play menu, this will take you back to the start of that round.
3. Towers/Upgrades You Need
You will have access to new Monkey Tower upgrades when you level up. Every upgrade gives you access to a different ability that helps you defeat the various bloons. Some of the best ones to have in your arsenal include:
- Sniper Monkey Towers: These towers have a wide range. They can pop two layers of bloons.
- Tack Shooter: These towers can fire 8 darts at one time. They do their best work on bloons coming down a curved path.
- Long Range Darts: This upgrade increases the attack radius of your Monkey Towers.
4. The Art of War
To pop as many bloons as possible, position your monkeys so their attack radius covers the path that your enemies will take. Make sure there are no gaps in the line. Doing so guarantees that the maximum number of darts reaches the bloons.
5. Money Makes the World Go Around
This cheat is recommended for iPhone users and will ensure that your coffers are always full. However, it’s only for those who don’t mind messing with the time on their wireless device.
Still, the concept is fairly simple. We think that Android users should try it out as well and let us know if it works for them in the comments section:
- Tap a chest to open it and access the money inside
- Close the chest and exit the game
- Go to your settings menu and click on the date and time option
- Push the date forward one day in the future and open the app again.
This tip will grant you access to another chest which you can use to get more money. If it works, you can repeat it as many times as you like.
6. Defeating Your Opponents Quickly
The first 20 or so rounds of all games are so easy they’re boring. Things don’t get really good until you’ve made some headway and reached a decent level.
But, what if we told you there was a way to beat the system? Just use this powerful combo to breeze through the first levels of Bloons TD5 quickly and easily:
- Pick engineers at the start of every match and upgrade them to their maximum levels as soon as possible
- Pair the Engineers with trap doors
This winning combination will help you defeat your enemies but, it will only get you so far. Make sure you build a well-rounded arsenal so when the combo is no longer effective, you can still defeat your enemies with ease.
The Bottom Line
There’s no denying that Bloons TD5 is an addictive game. But, it is frustrating when you have to wait hours to play again or don’t have enough money to do what you want to. Following the above hacks will ensure you defeat any obstacle that comes in your way. Good luck!