Deke DaSilva and Matthew Fox are two New York cops who get transferred to an elite anti-terrorism squad. About this same time, an infamous international terrorist shows up in New York looking to cause some chaos. It’s up to DaSilva and Fox to stop him, but will they be in time…?
Don’t worry, there will be no spoilers here. So let’s get to 10 reasons why this movie kicks ass.
1. Sylvester Stallone’s beard and mustache are legendary.
2. Billy Dee Williams as a sidekick? Check.
3. One of the best uses of a song by the Rolling Stones. (they use the song “Brown Sugar” in a critical moment in the film)
4. Rutger Hauer is one of the coolest terrorists ever in this movie
5. The use of the Roosevelt Island tram is highly badass.
6. Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner is in this movie!
7. Seriously, they don’t make terrorist movies like they used to. This has a solid plot, great chase scenes, and even solid acting.
8. Pretty cool twist – I guess for 1981 it was a cool twist
9. Obviously the leather jackets involved in this film
10. Did I mention Stallone’s beard?
Trailer after the jump…..
The facial hair on Stallone alone is worth the watch.