Much thanks to nerd goddess Felicia Day for pointing me in the direction of the series of fictional comic covers. I suppose Twitter is good for something after all.
The artist is Rusty Shackles, who I’m assuming was born with that name, and he’s an incredibly talented guy who is able to replicate they style of many classic comics with ease. He decided to take on a project that imagined certain storylines that never actually existed in the comic universe.
There’s the fantastic wedding we see above. There’s MODOK falling in love. There’s cross dressing Jimmy Olsen. You really couldn’t ask for more. Check out the full collection below, and even more on Rusty’s website here.
You can also read:
- A Gallery of the Overlooked Soul Calibur Girl, Seung Mina
- A Gallery of Pixar Establishment Posters
- A Gallery of Stuffed Animals I Would Still Buy Today
- A Great Gallery of Cosplay from Meagan Marie
- A Gallery from a Masterful Mega Man Art Contest