Feb 28 2014

The Boldness of Marvel

Published by at 3:00 pm under Images,Movies

marvel

If a picture has “meme font” on it, there’s a 95% I won’t allow it on the site, but sometimes one is too good to pass up.

While DC dithers and dathers even attempting to get out movies for major heroes like Flash and Wonder Woman, Marvel is going balls out with a huge budget superhero flick full of people (and trees, and raccoons) nobody’s ever heard of with Guardians of the Galaxy.

I think DC’s main problem is that they just take their properties too seriously. It worked for Batman, but didn’t for Superman. I think Green Lantern tried to be funny and it sucked, and they got scared of ever making another joke again.

[via NerdApproved]

10 Responses to “The Boldness of Marvel”

1. thelegitoneon 01 Mar 2014 at 5:25 am

Yea, it’s good, but I notice Marvel doesn’t have a female-led superhero movie either.

2. Alexanderon 01 Mar 2014 at 12:08 pm

I would be more impressed if Marvel had first greenlit a solo female hero movie before a talking racoon

3. Patriculus1989on 01 Mar 2014 at 3:37 pm

I was skeptical about this movie when I heard about it. All I knew about was that they were space cowboys. Seemed a little too over-the-top compared to Iron Man or Thor. Trailer has turned me around and am now looking forward to it. And btw, they are making a Black Widow movie

4. ColeBastichon 01 Mar 2014 at 3:58 pm

Same here. I collected when I was younger, though I never ran across Guardians. Originally, I didn’t want anything to do with this, then I saw the trailer and I have to say if it continues to look this fun, I’m definitely in.

5. Gus Townsonon 02 Mar 2014 at 12:30 am

The race is officially on whether Wonder Woman or Ms. Marvel will get their own movie first.

GO TEAM DANVERS!

6. Joe Cainon 02 Mar 2014 at 12:45 am

They will in a bit. Miss Marvel has been more or less confirmed for phase 3.

7. Jaret 'Jerry' Stoneon 02 Mar 2014 at 3:25 am

nothing with space cowboys, firefly/serenity anyone

8. daveyJ1on 02 Mar 2014 at 2:24 pm

Marvel has the momentum to go a bit further with their superhero movies. They didn’t get to a talking raccoon in one step. And let’s not forget that it’s not just a talking raccoon, it’s a whole team, which is problably a bit easier to sell. Not that the rest of the team is a bunch of normal people though. I also feel like the Marvel movies get away with a lot, Iron Man 2 and the first Thor in particular were very weak movies, but the Marvel train kept rolling.

9. Joshua Duranton 03 Mar 2014 at 3:44 am

Black Widow was recently greenlit so she beat them both.

10. cypher20on 03 Mar 2014 at 10:19 am

I’d love to see a Wonder Woman movie but God bless the people making it. Things are so politically correct these days that I’m pretty sure no matter what they did with it, someone would be upset and crying to the media about it. So in that sense I can understand DC’s reluctance. Guardians of the Galaxy does look like a lot of fun though :-)