Feb 13 2013

When Freddie Wong Makes a Harlem Shake Video, It’s Game Over

Published by at 2:00 pm under Oddly Enough,Videos

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ZxszoeCiU

YouTube legend Freddie Wong is responsible for some of the most badass videos on the internet. I wasn’t surprised to see that he was going to do some variant of the Harlem shake with his own team, but I can’t say I was expecting the above.

What will he do? Have a bunch of Master Chief’s breakdancing with rocket launchers? Cosplay girls stripping on tables? You’ll just have to watch to find out.

And yeah, it’s over, he’s as sick of these as we are. Good on your Freddie. Back to making viral videos that take effort, internet.

6 Responses to “When Freddie Wong Makes a Harlem Shake Video, It’s Game Over”

1. Fortunatoon 13 Feb 2013 at 3:07 pm

I understand people want to make fnu of things that are popular but I think it’s a bit too soon to consider the harlem shake over. Wong isn’t even the first person to make an anti shake video but c’mon it’s been out a week and people are declaring it over? Wong et all, do not get to dictate the internet like that.

2. Billiamon 13 Feb 2013 at 3:34 pm

Frankly, I love these videos. The crazier the better.

3. David Ron 13 Feb 2013 at 3:54 pm

I’m with Freddie on this one. The Harlem Shake thing is mainly just the latest example of a trend that lets people think they’re being clever when in reality they’re just… you know, following a trend. Which isn’t to say that a couple of them haven’t been really amusing to me, but there’s an absurd amount of white noise in there, too.

I’m growing increasingly tired of “meme culture,” or whatever we want to call it.

4. nicoon 14 Feb 2013 at 11:34 am

Good. Let it be dead…it was meh to begin with.

5. Royon 14 Feb 2013 at 3:00 pm