Jan 24 2013

Published by at 6:00 am under Morning Link

oh my god

Oh my god. Oh my god.

I was browsing through a Cracked gallery post to link to this morning (23 Lifetime Statistics That Should Be Kept for Everyone) when I came across this entry.

That’s me.

Let me explain. I used to run a now defunct blog in college where I wrote about student life but mostly made fun of the Greek system, frats and sororities and such. It kind of became a big thing (5,000 students a day read it and it was votedUS News’s Best College Blog in the Nation), and there was a manhunt to find out who I was because I was writing anonymously. It was a crazy, fun time, and how I ended up doing what I do today. I’ll have to tell the entire story some time, if anyone would care to hear it.

Anyway, I ended up continuing to write afterward even with my identity revealed, and ended up posting this picture for my final farewell article where I pretended to be a stereotypical frat douche to give readers a laugh.

Now, apparently, this picture comes up when you search for something but I can’t figure out what. “Douche,” “frat boy” and “frat douche” haven’t turned up anything, yet here I am. Fun fact, I can’t shotgun a beer. No comment on the other stats. I do appreciate being named after an Arrested Development character, however.

Anyway, I thought this was hilarious. Go here to see the gallery.

8 Responses to “The Morning Link: Lifetime Statistics That Should Be Kept for Everyone…OH MY GOD IS THAT ME”

1. Filosoraptoron 24 Jan 2013 at 6:14 am

Reading through your farewell article made me think that it must’ve been a pretty awesome blog. Always nice to learn a little bit more about the backstory of the founder of Unreality.

2. Paul Tassion 24 Jan 2013 at 9:07 am

Yeah it was fun. In retrospect I could be a little mean, but that’s why people tuned in I guess. Definitely made my senior year of college a great time.

3. Sara Clemenson 24 Jan 2013 at 10:14 am

Hilarious. It’s amazing how small the internet, and even the world, really is. Also, way to be the Gossip Girl of U-M.

4. ponderon 24 Jan 2013 at 11:22 am

i’d like to hear that story

5. Tim W.on 24 Jan 2013 at 11:48 am

I’d really be interested in hearing that story as well. I just returned to college and am making a serious go of it, so I’ll take inspiration anywhere I can find it.

6. MattChion 24 Jan 2013 at 12:06 pm

I tried REALLLLLLLLY hard to figure out the google search my friend. No dice. And now HR has more reasons to investigate my internet browsing haha

7. GriffinCon 24 Jan 2013 at 1:09 pm

I read that same article yesterday and thought it was you, I just dismissed it as I couldn’t picture a scenario where you’d be all ‘douched out’ like in the photo.

8. Rob Jon 24 Jan 2013 at 6:30 pm