Jan 22 2013

That One Time the Birds of Prey Sang a Song About Superhero Sex

Published by at 2:00 pm under Television,Videos

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA

I was hunting through YouTube to research a post, when I came across this clip which was simply just too ridiculous not to share. It’s from an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and features the Birds of Prey, the Huntress, Black Canary and Catwoman, getting caught infiltrating what appears to be a mafia den.

They sneak on stage, and in order to maintain cover, or something, they break out into song. Alright, I’ll buy it, but things start to get weird really fast when you listen to the lyrics of the song. Go on, I’ll wait.

Why yes, you did just hear a song devoted entirely the sexual prowess of DC superheroes in a kids show. The little boys and girls learned valuable lessons about how Aquaman sucks in bed (as if he needed to be shit on any more), while Batman is the best. Of course he is, he’s the goddamn Batman.

I realize that all of this would probably fly over kids’ heads, but still, holy crap, this is blatant. This isn’t about having a dirty mind and misinterpreting something, they literally wrote a song about superhero sex. Rock on Birds of Prey, rock on.

9 Responses to “That One Time the Birds of Prey Sang a Song About Superhero Sex”

1. trashcanmanon 22 Jan 2013 at 2:27 pm

I kind of miss that show. They actually did an entire musical episode , “The Mayhem of the Music Meister”, starring NPH as the villain who makes everybody burst into song a la Buffy. It’s awesome and you should watch it. Also, there’s this clip that put all of the show’s naysayers right in their place.

2. GrandWazooon 22 Jan 2013 at 2:30 pm

This has nothing to do with this article, but I figured you would read comments to something you posted. Is the “Unreal Sites” menu on the right of the page supposed to go past “Bungie?” I ask because it’s alphabetized but it only goes from numbers through the letter B, and there are six entries under A. That leads me to believe there is at least one site you would like to link that starts with C – Z.

3. Sara Clemenson 22 Jan 2013 at 3:04 pm

You know, I would love this even more if it turned Aquaman was an absolute tiger in the sack. I think it would be funnier, and also suggest there’s some sort of justice in the world.

Though I suppose those easy cold/dead fish euphemisms are hard to resist. But surely they could go the other way. Something with eels? Am I going too far? Tentacles, maybe? I’m going too far.

4. Paul Tassion 22 Jan 2013 at 3:32 pm

Thanks, yeah that is strange. Will look into it.

5. InspectorSpacetimeon 22 Jan 2013 at 4:36 pm

You saw this on TVOvermind, don’t lie Paul

6. Paul Tassion 22 Jan 2013 at 4:49 pm

I wrote that post, so yes, I did.

7. Penny Marie Sautereauon 22 Jan 2013 at 8:56 pm

Don’t forget the B&tB is the same cartoon that successfully got the word “F*ck” past the censors an on air in “Emperor Joker”. The Birds of Prey song loses it’s shock value once you’ve seen the Joker cuss Batman out.

8. InspectorSpacetimeon 23 Jan 2013 at 3:31 pm

Ha I stand corrected and correct at the same time!

9. SciFiFanon 30 Jan 2013 at 2:54 pm

re: Super Hero sex, there is this amusing classic essay “Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex” by science fiction writer Larry Niven: