Jan 16 2013
(click for full size)
Well this is rather interesting. Box Office Quant analyzed a whole bunch of movie trailers in order to figure out which were the most common colors onscreen. Not sure how they did it, but they have a chart, so it must be legit.
As it turns out, Oranges and Blues are the most common colors by a mile because of what…sunlight and explosions? Water and hot blue-eyed actresses? I’m not sure. But it’s really no surprise considering the two are complimentary colors and they’ve been doing this for years with movie posters.
Poor purple and green. I guess we need more Incredible Hulk movies to balance things out.
More Unreal Posts
- It Ain’t Easy Being Green: 20 Memorable Green Characters from TV, Movies, and Video Games
- The Final Countdown: Between the Legs Posters, Hulk vs. WoW and the Battleship Movie
- Double Feature Duels: Hulk vs. The Incredible Hulk
- Badass Dragon Pictures from Kerembeyit
- A Selection Old School Horror and B Movie Posters