Dec 21 2012
Everyone likes to pick their top favorite games of the year around this time, and as I’ve already done that I decided to do something a bit different.
I’ve gone through my memory banks and tried to remember particular moments throughout the year that I really loved, both in games I thought were great, or in ones that were just okay.
I was left with twenty when all is said and done, and if you’ve played any of these, perhaps you’ll share one or two of them. Check out the full list below. Some spoilers do follow for a few of the games mentioned.
1. [Guild Wars 2] Joining up with 100 other players to crush my first world boss
For a moment, I truly believed in the power of MMOs. But it sort of felt like I was trying to kill a bear by throwing pebbles at it.
2. [Diablo 3] Whenever I saw that brownish orange text when a legendary weapon drops after dozens of hours of gameplay
The item was almost always shit, but that feeling when you first see one after 50 hours of play…
3. [Diablo 3] Kicking Diablo’s ass in Inferno mode after struggling for months to gear up properly
I mean, they had to nerf the entire game for me to able to do it, but whatever, still counts.
4. [Mass Effect 3] When a singing Salarian almost made me cry
“It had to be me. Someone else might have gotten in wrong.” *Sniff*
5. [Mass Effect 3] I gave my girlfriend a planet
Oh you got me socks for Christmas? Well I got you your homeworld back.
6. [Mass Effect 3] When I could pretend the ending was brilliant, not shitty with Indoctrination Theory
Seriously, read about it. It’s the greatest fan theory I’ve ever heard, but unfortunately was ultimately dismissed by Bioware with the extended cut endings.
7. [Dishonored] Summoning rats from the earth to consume guards
I don’t understand how anyone could play this game non-lethally. It’s just so much fun to kill people in these insane ways.
8. [Black Ops 2] Dominating a game so hard that everyone flees from your lobby afterward
This happened maybe…once, but still.
9. [Far Cry 3] Taking over an enemy base by killing everyone in complete silence
This is always the best feeling in any stealth game, but there are few open world ones like this one and each base assault required careful planning and trial and error.
10. [Far Cry 3] Taking over an enemy base by watching a tiger sprint in from the jungle and eat everyone
This is obviously the preferred method. Follow me, friend. A delicious meal awaits!
The next ten on the next page!
More Unreal Posts