Dec 05 2012
Not that you think of it often but when you think of the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade you always inevitably think of River Phoenix playing a young Indiana. But what many people don’t know is that Phoenix and Harrison Ford were paired up in a movie before that one. It was a movie called The Mosquito Coast.
Directed by Peter Weir, the movie focuses on an eccentric and dogmatic inventor (Harrison Ford) who sells his house and takes his family to Central America to build an ice factory in the middle of the jungle. Conflicts with his family, a local preacher and with nature are only small obstacles to his obsession.
Helen Mirren plays the wife and those two weird red headed twins from the 80s are the daughters. As I said, River Phoenix is in the film and plays Ford’s son. The movie is truly amazing and it’s a must see. Check out the trailer after the jump…..
Like I said, a must see.
More Unreal Posts
- Movie Recommendation of the Week: Regarding Henry
- GIF of the Week: Indy’s Having Problems
- Han Solo and Chewbacca Thirty Years Later
- The Final Countdown: Creepy Mario Moments, a New Zod and Sony’s Grown-Up Handheld
- Harrison Ford Playing Uncharted 3 is Surprisingly Touching