Nov 27 2012
According to IMDB here’s a little info on Dick Miller, a guy you’ll surely recognize.
A native of the Bronx, New York, Richard “Dick” Miller served in the U.S. Navy for a few years and earned a prize title as a middleweight boxer. He settled in Los Angeles in the mid-1950s, where he was noticed by producer/director Roger Corman, who cast him in most of his low-budget films, usually playing unlikeable sorts, such as a vacuum-cleaner salesman in Not of This Earth (1957).
But you know what I’ll always know Miller for? His portrayal of Murray Futterman in Gremlins and the sequel. Miller’s got this “tough” quality to him which I’m a big fan of him. There’s just something awesome about this guy. And little did I know he’s got 175 titles to his name. Miller is over 80 years old now and his last appearance was in 2009 but we hope we makes one more showing.
A retrospective of Miller after the jump….
This guy is awesome.
More Unreal Posts
- Obscure Movie Characters We Like: Chucky Miller in Can’t Buy Me Love
- At Least Dennis Miller is Still Working….As Host of WWE’s Slammy Awards
- The Final Countdown: Marvel TV, Seinfeld Self-Loathing and Paper Thin Smartphones
- Six Guys Who’ve Managed To Stay Funny After More than a Decade
- Unreality’s Hero of the Week: Ari Gold