Nov 20 2012

Game Over: The Best Skyrim Will Ever Look

Published by at 1:00 pm under Images,Video Games

(click to enlarge)

Alright, so I know I did a “best looking modded PC games” post a few weeks ago, but turns out my entries for Skyrim were wrong. Sure, they were good, but I hadn’t yet stumbled upon this series of screenshots. I mean photos. I mean…it’s hard to tell okay?

This series of stills were taken using a bunch of different mods all combined together. For more info on what exactly they are, you’ll want to head here for the specifics.

PC mods are usually great at showing us what games will end up looking like years down the line as graphics get increasingly better. From the looks of things here,we’re about an eyelash away from photorealism pretty soon here. Check out the gallery below:

Middle click to open each picture quickly in a new tab.

7 Responses to “Game Over: The Best Skyrim Will Ever Look”

1. Lima Zuluon 20 Nov 2012 at 1:55 pm

Said it elsewhere, but I can’t get behind the superimposition of the Milky Way into the nightline. It doesn’t fit anymore than throwing our moon up into the sky would. Bleargh. Rest look fantastic, though.

2. evrlozanoon 20 Nov 2012 at 2:50 pm

This is why I can’t finish Skyrim on the 360. I don’t have a gaming PC and all these screenshots make the game appear so beautiful that I can’t go back to the ugliness that is the 360 version.

3. Mike aka MonolithTMAon 20 Nov 2012 at 4:07 pm

@evrlozano

I would imagine many of these screen pics are taken with such high res mods that the game would be unplayable. That said, you can still have a much nicer looking game on the PC.

These shots are gorgeous.

4. wevson 20 Nov 2012 at 5:18 pm

@Lima Zulu Who said that was the Milky Way? Think they don’t have galaxies in the ES universe?

5. Lima Zuluon 20 Nov 2012 at 7:40 pm

wevs, that is the Milky Way (since it looks just like it from Earth). Also, no, there aren’t galaxies, according to lore. Tamriel floats in Mundus. Masser and Secunda are the remains of Lorkhan, and the other 9 planets are the domains of the Nine Divines.

6. Draugron 21 Nov 2012 at 4:53 am

as I understand it the game runs at about 40fps without the grass everywhere mod. With that enabled it runs at about 8fps :P

This is on a GTX 670

7. JCon 21 Nov 2012 at 4:55 pm

great… now there is instagram on skyrim :p