Sep 24 2012
Dead Island achieved something rather spectacular last year. It created one of the most powerful trailers ever seen across not only video games, but movies and television as well. it’s told-backwards story of a family torn apart by zombie horror is something that still sticks with me to this day, and I’ll be damned if I don’t play that piano track every so often when I’m looking for something dramatic.
Now with the sequel on the way in 2013, Dead Island: Riptide, they’re trying to do it again. It’s not even close to the original trailer, but again it’s a pretty heartwrenching little spot (that I feel could have benefitted from another minute or so of set-up).
Unfortunately, the games, so far, have none of this emotion attached to them. Perhaps they’ll learn a lesson for the sequel and actually infuse some of their trailer emotion into the actual title.
More Unreal Posts
- Might Dead Island have the Greatest Video Game Trailer Ever?
- Five Kick Ass Video Game Movie Fan Trailers
- The Brothers Mario Return in Kong Country
- The Funniest, Strangest Dead Island Glitches So Far
- Don’t **** With Mass Effect 2’s Subject Zero