Aug 14 2012
(click to enlarge)
As excited as I am thinking about the Curiosity rolling around Mars looking at cool rocks, I can never help but think of this classic, tragic XKCD about the fate of the Mars Spirit.
Maybe now that I’ve seen Wall-E, I’m more prone to feel sympathy for cute robots, but whatever the case, this always makes me sniffle just a little bit.
Someday we’ll have a manned mission to Mars, Curiosity. And we’ll bring you back. You’re doing a good job.
More Unreal Posts
- NASA Mission Control During Mars Curiosity’s Landing
- The Descent 2: Sure, but Why?
- The Product of a Robotic Chicken
- A Gallery of Mega Man’s Greatest Foes in Detailed Form
- A Collection of Pretty Nifty Little Iphone Cases