Jul 13 2012
Yeesh. You know, Sam Raimi directing Robert Downey Jr. in a Wizard of Oz prequel didn’t seem like the worst thing ever at one point. But now that I’ve seen the trailer and it’s James Franco and the wackiest CGI since Alice in Wonderland, I’m not so sure.
Though I do appreciate the cool little switch from black and white fixed screen to full-color widescreen at the beginning, I’m not so sure about the rest of it. But with the aforementioned Alice in Wonderland makeing about fifty times as much money as it should have, studios are going to keep trying to revive classic franchises in the hopes of duplicating that success.
What do you think? My brain hurts thinking about how this would look in 3D already.
More Unreal Posts
- First Alice in Wonderland Image are Stunning
- The Unreal Life: “The Only 3D Movie I’ll Ever See”
- The Morning Link: An Interesting Take on Alice in Wonderland
- A Wicked Gallery of Little Red Riding Hood Re-Imagined
- Mad Hatter Engagement Photos Might Be Too Far Through the Looking Glass