Jul 06 2012
Do you ever get nostalgia for things that used to piss you off? I’ll give you a perfect example. Remember having to blow on Nintendo cartridges to get the games to work? Even though that totally annoyed you, its was like a “victory” of sorts when the game would work.
And it’s not just Nintendo I’m talking about. This also applies to everyday stuff. Stuff that used to bug you but there’s a small part of you that actually misses the aggravation. Laptopmag put together an awesome picture series on sounds. we used to know and love (or hate).
Check out the pics and sound descriptions after the jump
The MAC OS “uh oh” Sound
The VHS rewinding sound
The sound of a floppy disk drive
The dial-up model handshake
An old school dial tone
The wind of a rotary phone
“You’ve got mail!”
The Windows 95 Shutdown Sound
Dot matrix printout
CRT TV on and off sound
A very clicky keyboard
More Unreal Posts
- A Gallery of 20 Awfully Strange USB Devices
- There Was Piracy in the ’80s?
- The Evolution of Microsoft Windows
- The Final Countdown: Video Game Characters in Real Life, Evil Movie Memos and Alternate Cartoons
- 20 Clever iPad Decals That We Stand Behind