May 15 2012

Unreality Wants YOU to Write For Us

Published by at 12:00 pm under Oddly Enough

Well hey there readers, time for quick chat. As you may have noticed over the past few months, we’ve added a few new writers to our roster. In addition to NattyB and I, the talented TJ, Remy, Zack, Dave and David have been contributing a few articles a week. We’ve really liked how it’s expanded our audience and brought in new voices and perspectives, and we want to continue that by adding a few more folks.

What we’re looking for are people who can commit to writing a piece or two a week (no more than that probably) for the site, and be able to have a set day (or days) where their work is published every week. Posts can be written whenever, so long as they are scheduled to go up on assigned days. We’re looking for articles pertaining to movies, TV, video games and comics that are usually anywhere from 800-2000 words (depending on how verbose you are). They can be columns about certain issues in the industry, a love letter to your favorite overlooked film, or a list. Everyone loves lists.

If this sounds like something that would interest any up and coming writers out there, email me a sample post as a Word doc at paul@unrealitymag.com. If you have any links to other articles you’ve written, that would be great as well. We’re only looking for a couple new people writing one or maybe two posts a week, and it’s great exposure for anyone trying to get their name out there as we do have a relatively large audience.  Social media knowledge is a plus, as we’re trying to figure out an incentive program based on traffic for down the line. I know some of you have already submitted a sample when we had a similar writing contest this winter. Feel free to reapply, either with what you submitted before, or perhaps a new sample article if your skills have evolved. And newcomers are of course welcome.

Looking forward to reading your stuff!

12 Responses to “Unreality Wants YOU to Write For Us”

1. Darthkostison 15 May 2012 at 1:17 pm

Do you have to be over 18?

2. Mouserzon 15 May 2012 at 4:51 pm

I Sure wish I had interesting things to say. OH WELL

3. Pokeon 15 May 2012 at 5:38 pm

Is there a deadline?

4. Galeon 15 May 2012 at 6:42 pm

Do you want it by a certain date, I’d like to try but I can’t even begin to think about ideas until my exams are done this week.

5. Paul Tassion 15 May 2012 at 6:48 pm

No deadline. Well, no super close deadline.

6. Mantison 15 May 2012 at 9:21 pm

Well, I’m quite interested and I’ve been reading your posts for the last year. The thing is… I’m Argentinian, a teacher of English (and living in Argentina as well). I’ve been writing for the last eight years for many websites but none of them are in English, so links would be pointless, I guess. Nevertheless, I’m writing a book in English, soon to be published.

If you feel in the mood for an “international approach”, just let me know, I’m at your service.

7. Shikion 16 May 2012 at 2:14 am

Hey Paul, I was just about to say something, but Mantis beat me to it. I dunn if the new writers are all from the States, but you should maybe try to finde some international writers (South America, Europe, Asia). It could bring Unreality some new fans and offer some different perspectives. Btw, I’m from Europe so that’s just my oppinion.

8. Darthkostison 16 May 2012 at 4:58 am

I am 15 and from Greece. Can I apply or do I have to be 18?

9. HarshReality79on 17 May 2012 at 2:17 pm

Speaking of articles, have you covered the return of Toonami?

10. Fezon 20 May 2012 at 12:17 pm

Definitely interested in writing for this website! I’ll send you guys an article about The Dark Knight Rises vs. The Avengers : A Pointless Debate hahaha

11. Jonnie Darkoon 21 May 2012 at 11:15 pm

hey i’ll be sending you an email soon, but just wondering
    do you need our documents in a specific file format, .wps, .doc, .docx, .txt? i am assuming a .doc file would be best but please let me know

12. Marcela De Vivoon 14 Mar 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hi, my name is Marcela De Vivo, and I would love to guest write for your blog, http://www.unrealitymag.com/
    I am a freelance writer from Los Angeles and have written experience writing on many different topics, including health & wellness, marketing, real estate, technology, and manufacturing.

I have a resume site available where you can see some writing samples and learn a little more about my experience:

I hope you will give me an opportunity to submit an article. As an added benefit for considering my content, I will send your published post additional traffic through an advertising campaign. Additionally, I always share published articles to my social networks as well as respond to every single comment.

I sincerely appreciate your time and consideration!

Best,