May 03 2012
For those of you that have seen The Deer Hunter then you’ll know it’s pretty hard to argue that this isn’t one of if not the best scenes in this movie. For those of you who haven’t seen the film then these scene will make you want to see it. It’s not really a spoiler scene so there’s no problem there. Everyone knows this movie was about Vietnam and its effects after the war. I mean that one sentence clearly doesn’t do the movie justice but it’s the best I could do right there.
Anyway, to add to how amazing this scene was, I’ve heard that De Niro actually used blanks in a real gun so he would get more emotional. I’m not sure if that’s true or not but if it is, that’s pretty badass. When you see this scene either for the first time or 100th, it’s unbelievably heart wrenching.
More Unreal Posts
- Movie Recommendation of the Week: It’s Kind of a Funny Story
- When Up Meets Dead Island
- 7 Movie Scenes That Would Make Any Grown Man Cry
- The Coolest Taxi License ID Ever
- Movie Recommendation of the Week: An Officer and a Gentleman