Apr 03 2012

Dancing Han Solo Makes My Soul Cry

Published by at 2:00 pm under Movies,Video Games,Videos

httpv://youtu.be/4OnDizZ7UT0

As if you needed another reason to lose faith in Star Wars, here comes a kinect variant of the series. What was thought to be a perfect avenue for you to demonstrate your fake lightsaber swinging skills actually has a dance portion to it. Why? Well, people have figured out that dance games are really the only ones anyone likes on Kinect, so naturally we can shoehorn in one to Star Wars in a way that makes sense, right?

Wrong. This might be the single most offensive video to geeks I’ve ever seen. Not only is Han Solo dancing, but he’s doing so to a rewrite of a Jason Derulo song. “Ridin’ Solo” becomes “I’m Han Solo,” and the rest of the lyrics are changed to encompass space princesses and Jabba the Hutt.

It’s just so unspeakably sad. I want to laugh, but I’m just in mourning for what’s happened to Star Wars.

15 Responses to “Dancing Han Solo Makes My Soul Cry”

1. bankoon 03 Apr 2012 at 2:18 pm

I think its hilarious. Anyone that gets angry about what Star Wars is being used for probably needs to let go and do a little bit of maturing.

2. Dudeon 03 Apr 2012 at 2:21 pm

did you notice the name of the moves? the compactor, the double blaster wth

3. Hanneson 03 Apr 2012 at 2:43 pm

Honestly, if they had used the regular version of the song, I would have found that pretty funny (not overly, but yeah). The “solo” is still in there and frankly the only thing I understand unless I listen closely, and I could have made the connection myself. If you rewrite the song to actually be about Han Solo the song kind of stops adding anything.

4. Andyon 03 Apr 2012 at 2:54 pm

still better than the prequels

5. wevson 03 Apr 2012 at 2:55 pm

@banko: Try to retract your head from your ass and consider this: A generally liked and key character from your favorite franchise goes “fuck it” and decides to go to Broadway and perform in a show about tampons consisting only of Justin Bieber songs. How do you feel?

6. HarshRealityon 03 Apr 2012 at 3:14 pm

So… I got the R2 Xbox yesterday. I’m hoping we can just skip segments of this we don’t like. Crap like this was never in the ad. And you don’t want to know what held this game up for four months. You really don’t want to know.

7. K dubon 03 Apr 2012 at 4:59 pm

I need to find a cave so I can live in it.

8. joshuaon 03 Apr 2012 at 5:28 pm

@wevs its probably not your favorite franchise if you havent liked anything it has produced in the last 30 years. banko is kinda right. you all just really need to relax.

9. Mikeon 03 Apr 2012 at 8:40 pm

I couldn’t stop smirking at this. I mean it’s all pretty ridiculous and a bit tongue-in-cheek and since I’m not a huge Star Wars fan I don’t feel that offended.

Though I can get how pissed a fan would be. I mean sure it’s Kinect and that whole gimmick does feel aimed at children but still…wow. I mean the makers must assume long time fans or at least ones that take the franchise seriously would buy this game or they wouldn’t have bothered putting so much background detail into the revamped ‘solo’ song.

I can assume the experience of watching this for a big SW fan is a little like having your heart ripped out by Lucas himself while he tethers it to a chain and proceeds to use it as a rudimentary mace on your nuts.

10. ThaKakaroton 04 Apr 2012 at 3:00 am

you guys need a sense of humor.
    If they made a dbz kinect game where i could rock with freeza and cell I would laugh my ass off and throw my money at them.

11. Albatraouson 04 Apr 2012 at 3:39 am

Is this part of the canon? lol

I think it looks like a bit a silly fun personally.

12. Jadison 04 Apr 2012 at 11:27 am

Han would never dance like that. LOL

13. Justinon 04 Apr 2012 at 12:20 pm

Han Moonwalked First!

14. Double Aon 07 Apr 2012 at 11:39 am

Are you kidding?! This is AMAZING, and frankly just plain brilliant. I want this song soooo badly. As a Star Wars nerd, how can you not think this is awesome?? I don’t understand how people can’t find a sense of humor with things like this.

Overall though. Best. song. cover. EVER! lol

15. villyon 29 May 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh good lord. I LOVE Star Wars, and I still found this to be just a silly, lighthearted piece of fluff. I find it funny that someone who actually has a sense of humor about it is the one told to get their head out of their ass.