Feb 23 2012
This scene is a testament to how far television shows have come. I doubt many of you are old enough to remember this scene but it’s a classic. On The Brady Bunch, right before a big date, Marcia gets hit in the nose by a football and it swells up.
This was the focal point of the episode and will forever be engraved into television history. I just find it funny how in the last 20-30 years the portrayal of specific events has changed so much.
Granted a girl’s broken nose could very well be a topic of a show today. But the ways in which she’d deal with it would alter drastically. She’s be on the internet finding out a cure. She’d be texting her friends all about it. She’d be Facebooking her status update, etc etc.
Eh, just thought I’d bring it up.
More Unreal Posts
- Memorable Moments in TV: Magic Johnson’s HIV Announcement
- The Final Countdown: Dragon Tattoo, Marriage Mode and Diablo 3 on Consoles?
- Debate of the Day: What Do You Want to See at E3 2011?
- 10 Awesome Moments in Talk Shows
- Memorable Moments in TV: Sammy Kisses Archie