Feb 16 2012
This is a pretty cool little animation showing how Nintendo controllers have evolved (or devolved, depending on your personal preference) over the years.
Nostalgia forces me to say that the N64 one has been my favorite, despite being the most obviously impractical with a third of the entire controller never actually being used. But to this day, it still fits like a glove when I pick it up for some Smash Bros.
I never understood people’s obsession with the Gamecube controller, as I hated the C-joystick-ish button, and the triggers felt cheap and detached. Obviously this was finished before the WiiU was announced, but as we can see, their controllers are about to take one more giant leap forward into craziness.
Check out another GIF below showing the evolution of the Playstation controller:
More Unreal Posts
- Debate of the Day: Controller Philosophy
- 14 of the Coolest Custom Xbox Controllers and Mods
- Lessons & Memories From Playing The Original PlayStation
- Awesome NES Controller Mods
- What the Button Shapes on a Playstation Controller Originally Meant