Dec 21 2011
Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m going trailer crazy this week. But it’s an insane couple of days for trailers, as we had The Dark Knight Rises, now The Hobbit, and I’ll probably make you tune in Thursday to talk about the Prometheus debut trailer as well.
Today’s Hobbit trailer debuted with a bit more of a lighthearted tone than The Dark Knight Rises, and includes 100% more singing. Actually, scratch that, I forgot about the creepy kid singing the national anthem at the beginning of the DKR spot.
Something about this strikes me as a very different sort of film than what the Lord of the Rings series was. It’s going to be much more of a straight up adventure, rather than a giant epic with sprawling battles and such. Sure, there might be a few, but the scale won’t be the same. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, but I’m not sure we should be expecting LOTR when The Hobbit debuts a year from now.
What do you think of the spot?
More Unreal Posts
- Alright, The Hobbit Has Officially Sold Me
- Elijah Wood’s Touching Last Day on Lord of the Rings
- Debate of the Day: The Dark Knight Rises Trailer
- Debate of the Day: Man of Steel vs. The Dark Knight Rises
- Debate of the Day: Is the Dark Knight Rises Trailer Good?