Dec 13 2011

Know Your Way Around Tamriel

Published by at 3:00 pm under Images,Video Games

(click to enlarge)

You may think yourself an Elder Scrolls fan, but do you really know what the NPCs are talking about when they describe the far-off lands and cities they’ve come from?

If not, from The Imperial Library comes this massive map of all of Tamriel, so you can get your places and locations straight. As I’ve only played the last two games of the series, I’ve missed out on Morrowind and Hammerfell.

Will the next game be set in one of these areas we haven’t visited yet? Argonia? High Rock? Valenwood? Or will they invent a new continent to travel to altogether?

14 Responses to “Know Your Way Around Tamriel”

1. tuffyon 13 Dec 2011 at 3:51 pm

I wish they’d remake Hammerfell…

2. Schiapuon 13 Dec 2011 at 3:57 pm

I hope they go nuts for the next game and feature the entire map. All of it.

3. Draugron 13 Dec 2011 at 3:59 pm

Daggerfall is in high rock, which was the second game in the series, and also let you into Hammerfell, This game was so massive it bordered on ludicrous.
    Arena was the first game, and let you visit any province.

I don’t see them inventing new places, just revisiting the places we’ve seen or places that already exist that have yet to be explored.

4. Conan the Destroyeron 13 Dec 2011 at 9:51 pm

I know I’M going straight to the Summerset isles to take the fight to the goddamn Aldmeri Dominion.

5. Conan the Destroyeron 13 Dec 2011 at 10:15 pm

Hammerfell does seem like the most interesting locale for the next installment, whether it be large dlc or sequel if it takes place in the same time period. Based on the ‘story so far’ of the war the Redguards basically refused to honour the white gold-concordat and seceded from the empire then proceeded to kick the ass of the thalmor invasion force. fuck yeah

6. BobaFetton 13 Dec 2011 at 10:28 pm

I have installed and started playing Daggerfall 5 times. I LOVE the beginning dungeon and travel to Daggerfall.

When I get there, I just get bogged down in how FUCKING big it is and quit…EVERY. TIME.

7. Taboron 14 Dec 2011 at 3:06 am

Man, I think it would be awesome to play a game where you could go to all of Tamriel, but on the same scale as the other games. As huge as the realms in the Elder Scrolls games are I always think back to old school RPGs where you could travel the whole world. I think some people would never come back though.

8. Lima Zuluon 14 Dec 2011 at 3:13 am

I’m banking on Alinor (Summerset Isles). It’ll involve much killing of Thalmor and that game will be good.

9. Lubzon 14 Dec 2011 at 10:33 am

Something seems wrong about that map…is Markarth and Falkrenth both seem in the entirely wrong place.

10. Diegoon 14 Dec 2011 at 7:43 pm

I’m sorry. But isn’t Skyrim supposed to be an island? that’s what I always thought!

11. Batmanon 15 Dec 2011 at 11:16 am

Skryim was always on the mainland, it was Solisthem that was an island that Nords were going to during the time of Morrowind game because they wanted to. (This you can go to in the DLC Bloodmoon for Morrowind).

On another note I think it’s too early to talk about the next game I’m pretty sure there is going to be a huge DLC. Such as taking the fight to the Thalamor and who becomes High King.

12. brazza9880on 09 Jan 2012 at 5:08 am

i think it is going to be at least a decade befor we see the next elder scrolls game i am guesssing it will involve valenwood because there is alot of talk about how it is their when you play skyrim and hopfully contain elsweyr and black marsh that would be great and large so mabey randomly generated areas like in arena and daggerfall. and i hope if that is the case then a dlc expansion called “elderscrolls fire within” where you play deep down in the centre of the world.

13. noobon 18 Feb 2012 at 7:06 pm

For your information, hammerfell and high rock were already included in elder scrolls games. Daggerfall was in high rock and The elder scrolls adventures: Redguard was in Hammerfell

14. hammerfellon 27 Aug 2012 at 8:31 pm

I’m pretty sure that tamriel is suppose to be a bigger than 1000 miles. I heard it’s size (not in game) is suppose to be around the size of Africa, not Alaska.