Oct 27 2011

A Gallery of Batman Through the Ages

Published by at 1:00 pm under Comics,Images

Behold, Batman the Barbarian!

I came across this rather cool collection of pictures yesterday that I’m told was taken from the comic series “The Return of Bruce Wayne.”

It shows what Batman might have been like if he had existed in different eras across time, other than the present day where he’s a full-fledged superhero. He goes everywhere from Salem to the Wild West to the high seas, and I would pay to see any one of these turned into a feature film.

Check out the gallery for yourself. Has anyone read this series? Worth checking out?

Witch Hunter Batman

You cannot stand up to his Puritan hat of doom!

Pirate Batman

Please tell me they call him “Batbeard”

11 Responses to “A Gallery of Batman Through the Ages”

1. JBon 27 Oct 2011 at 1:09 pm

The pirate, cavemen, and a different gladiator one all appeared on an episode of Batman Brave and the Bold which was pretty cool

2. Dagronon 27 Oct 2011 at 2:11 pm

Here’s a link to what I believe is the full image:

And if you notice the backgrounds in that image, they create the batman logo. It’s an excellent piece of art.

3. Stefanoson 27 Oct 2011 at 2:32 pm

Why is it that you now organise the posts in pages??? I found the previous system a lot easier and relaxing than having to click every 5 seconds

4. illumina0on 27 Oct 2011 at 2:41 pm

This was a miniseries made from the aftermath of the death of Batman from Final Crisis.

SPOILERS

As it turns out, Batman didn’t die but got sent back in time. So this series is about how Batman is traveling back to the present time from the past.

5. eliaon 27 Oct 2011 at 2:54 pm

Cowboy batman = zorro

6. UnrealityReaderon 27 Oct 2011 at 3:51 pm

Paul, one of the reasons I like your site is that you do not use multiple pages for your galleries. Why would you start?

7. Paul Tassion 27 Oct 2011 at 3:56 pm

@UnrealityReader @Stefanos

There’s a reason every site does that it turns out, you need page views to stay alive. The site is free to you guys, but we need a few extra clicks to keep things running. I promise I won’t doing 20 or 30 page posts, usually should be none, sometimes 2 or 3, at most 6 on occasion. It’s not ideal, but that’s the way things work unfortunately.

8. jaromiron 27 Oct 2011 at 6:48 pm

@paul,

that’s too bad, i too was thinking the same thing…but if thats how it goes.

9. Steveon 27 Oct 2011 at 11:54 pm

Eh, the last one looks like a regular guy wearing eyeliner.

10. hbcupride.deco-printing.comon 28 Oct 2011 at 9:02 am

Wouldn’t Witch Hunt Batman be mistaken for a warlock?

11. Azharon 28 Oct 2011 at 11:45 am

I’d recommend reading “Batman RIP” and “Final Crisis” before this. The book is good. I felt the through-the-ages trip dragged on a little, but it was interesting to see Bruce Wayne in different eras. The return to “present time” and conclusion was a well done though.

I didn’t enjoy Grant Morisson’s Batman RIP (which i felt was a weird convoluted tale) but he did a good job on this one.