Sep 02 2011

If Anyone Ever Deserved Their Own Cosplay Gallery…It’s Yaya

Published by at 10:00 am under Images,Movies,Video Games

Alright, now THIS is what I was hoping to get out of my costume contest. I was going to feature Yaya in my post yesterday, but once I saw her full collection, I knew immediately she had to have her own post.

She was suggested to me by reader Gabbi, who gets ten thousand internet points for the find. Yaya is a pro cosplayer who has dressed up as practically every hot geeky character you can think of. Psylocke, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Elektra, Black Cat, Slave Leia, and so so many more.

I think you’ll agree that in both costume detail and uh, physical attributes, Yaya is one of the best costumed ladies we’ve ever featured on the site, and considering how many we’ve seen, I don’t say that lightly. If you’re still not sold, just check out the full gallery below:

Wonder Woman

Darkstalkers

Uh, You Tell Me

Scarlett Witch

Thor

Leia

Deathstrike

See more of Yaya on her DeviantArt page and her website here.

25 Responses to “If Anyone Ever Deserved Their Own Cosplay Gallery…It’s Yaya”

1. nomadon 02 Sep 2011 at 10:10 am

wow! she got death strike perfect!

2. Gabbion 02 Sep 2011 at 10:41 am

I thought you’d love her somehow, I was slightly shocked she’d never been featured before!

3. Synderrynon 02 Sep 2011 at 11:04 am

I believe that the picture you were unable to identify is Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

4. Ianewon 02 Sep 2011 at 11:22 am

The unlabeled red one is Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D

5. Nilsillyon 02 Sep 2011 at 11:25 am

The “Uh, you tell me” is Rita from Power Rangers.

6. Gregoryon 02 Sep 2011 at 11:54 am

The you tell me is Carmilla from vampire hunter D bloodlust

7. Orleanason 02 Sep 2011 at 12:35 pm

I thought Rita, too, #Nilsilly.

8. Jim Laheyon 02 Sep 2011 at 1:36 pm

After doing a google search, it is definitely Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D, NOT Rita from Power Rangers.

9. victoron 02 Sep 2011 at 4:03 pm

very sexy time thank you.

10. Mike Mon 02 Sep 2011 at 6:41 pm

Good Gawd! Awesome lady!

11. Penny Sautereau-Fifeon 02 Sep 2011 at 9:27 pm

Actually it’s Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII, NOT Carmilla.

12. thenottakennameon 03 Sep 2011 at 8:37 am

“uh you tell me” I first saw it and immediately thought of the first power rangers main antagonist… so I’m going to go with that personally.

13. heyon 03 Sep 2011 at 9:03 am

i suggest you look into this cosplayer:

Alodia Giosengfiao

google her

14. Jim Laheyon 03 Sep 2011 at 12:51 pm

@thenottakenname You can’t say “I’m going to go with that personally” if you are completely wrong. Just because you think it looks similar doesn’t mean you determine that is correct.

Rita

As you can see, you are 100% wrong if you said Rita Repulsa. This is not the same person Yaya is cosplaying, just live with it.

Ultimacia

Again, kind of close, but not really. So Penny Sautereau-Fife, instead of jumpnig in with false information in the 11th hour, how about you shut up and let people who can do a simple google image search talk? Thanks.

Carmilla

As you can see, a perfect match for Yaya’s costume.

Also, if you do a google image search for “carmilla vampire hunter d” THE PICTURE OF YAYA DRESSED LIKE HER COMES UP. Geez, it’s called a simple google image search. Try it in the future so you look like you know what you’re talking about people…

15. Mikeon 03 Sep 2011 at 8:06 pm

Jim Lahey you are a racist. “I thought a couple of her looks were dragged down not because of her looks or how the costume looked, but merely because she has overtly Asian features and a couple of the characters are too non-Asian for her to pull off. Mostly Wonder Woman, Elektra, Sucker Punch and Leia all looked “off” to me for some reason. However, I do like her other costumes, especially Cat Woman and Deathstrike.”

Do you realize that Jamie Chung who played Amber in Sucker Punch IS Asian? And that everyone else, with the exception of Leia, are FICTIONAL characters? Do you look at Caucasian cosplayers dressed as Anime characters and say, “They look too white,” too? Did you see Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury and say, “He looks too black.”

Geez.

16. Jim Laheyon 04 Sep 2011 at 2:16 am

Mike I didn’t mean any of that in a racist way. It was a simple statement of fact that my interpretation of some of the characters was different from what was portrayed. I’m sorry we live in a politically correct era where I can’t state that people of a different ethnicity from my perceived norm for a character don’t quite fit with what I have become accustomed to.

Yes I based Wonder Woman on an American even thouh I know she was supposed to be Amazonian because of her iconosism in American culture, yes I based my vision of Elektra on the crappy movie starring Jennifer Garner, and yes I base my Leia on Carrie Fisher. I am genuinely sorry that I mentioned Sucker Punch, both because it seemed to have hit such a deep vein with you and because I have not seen the film and have no desire to do so. In an attempt to list more than two names with which I was disappointed, I stretched the boundary of decency and included a portrayal which was foreign to me.

And no, I don’t look at white cosplayers and think that they don’t look Asian enough, mostly because the Japanese anime artists have beaten me to it by giving them damn blonde hair, fair skin and big, wide-open, caucasian blue eyes.

17. MattChion 04 Sep 2011 at 1:24 pm

Good call on Vampire D, I knew I recognized her from somewhere.

18. Jonoon 05 Sep 2011 at 11:44 am

my best friend, who is a girl, has photos of this cosplayer all over her house. Even a signed picture with her in it.

She is an amazing cosplayer.

19. miguelon 05 Sep 2011 at 9:14 pm

is the firt one Psylocke

20. Gothic Soraon 05 Sep 2011 at 9:26 pm

(sigh) mike I love asian women and she’s defiantly sexy, but Elelectra and wonder woman are greek they don’t have eye folds. Scarlet witch’s father is Magneto so she’s at least half Jewish. Also wrong. Yes Sam L. is too black to be playing the non-ultimate Nick Fury. He’s also too young fortunately…
    On the other hand Yes I’ve seen Caucasian cosplayers who have chosen poorly for their facial features, and black guys cosplayers (I’m looking at you back Might Guy) too. Her costumes are great and her, uh other features, are stunning, I’m just saying that even so her Asian features through of the costumes of the distinctly non Asian characters.

21. Charlieon 08 Sep 2011 at 4:35 am

That’s not Thor! That’s Sif!

22. orionhawkon 11 Sep 2011 at 4:00 am

nice, but you guys should check out Ginny mcQueen (http://www.ginnymcqueen.com/costumes/)

23. some guyon 18 Dec 2011 at 7:20 am

The mystery picture is Queen Amadala…er Ammadalla…er Darth Vaders wife when he was still a kid.

24. Duncanon 17 Jan 2012 at 1:04 pm

I was kind of scratching my head at “Thor” using a sword, instead of his hammer, Mjolnir. Saying it’s Sif makes more sense to me. Still an amazing cosplay though.

25. Aedanon 16 Nov 2012 at 1:18 pm

Hi guys,

If you like real cosplayers, with… Attributes, as it has been said, you should check Jessica Nigri. She’s quite amazing ^^

See ya