Jul 13 2011
Hollywood is currently churning out an endless parade of superhero films, and once they cover all the main players, they stop, and reboot them and start all over again. We’re seeing a new Spider-Man and Superman already, and will likely see Batman start over once Nolan wraps up his saga.
Sure, we’re getting new ones like Thor and Green Lantern too, but we’re fast running out of superheroes that truly DESERVE their own movies. There are relatively few left, but that’s why today I’m turning to you to scour your comic book brains to find who else really deserves their own movie. Sure, there are obvious ones like Flash and Wonder Woman, but I would argue that neither of these actually “deserve” a movie. As much as I’d like there to be a strong female superhero, I can’t see them modernizing WW in any way that makes sense, as evidenced by the recently killed pilot for a new WW show starring Adrianne Palicki.
But there are unsung comic heroes out there who probably have far more interesting stories than X-Men, JLA or Avengers members. Who do you think is worthy to be adapted for the big screen? Or should Hollywood just stop with superhero movies altogether?
More Unreal Posts
- Morning Link: Top Five Things That Need to Stop Happening in Movie Theaters
- David Fincher Wants to Be Your Facebook Friend
- The Final Countdown: Superhero Bubble, Normal Vikings and Gears of War Movie
- My Top Seven Superhero Movies of All Time
- The Morning Link: 5 PBS Hosts Who Need Their Own Movie