Jun 29 2011

A Gallery of Assassins in Other Lands, Other Times

Published by at 10:00 am under Images,Video Games

Assassin’s Creed is one of my current favorite game franchises, so much so that I forgive them for trying to make the same game about four different times before moving on. But when they finally do, speculation turns to what sort of Assassin might we see next. Where will he be from? In what time period will he function?

There has been massive speculation as to the where and when, and a number of artists have tried to guess correctly. All these pictures are going to be featured in Asassin’s Creed: The Encylopedia, and they feature a whole host of Assassins from everywhere from the Orient to the Old West to the Middle East to space, as you can see above.

A few of these I think we’ve featured, but the majority are brand new. Check them out below.

11 Responses to “A Gallery of Assassins in Other Lands, Other Times”

1. Mandyon 29 Jun 2011 at 10:14 am

I’d so play AC – Mayan style… these are awesome!

2. J5on 29 Jun 2011 at 11:27 am

I’ll take one game of each scenario. Please and thank you.

3. donpureevilon 29 Jun 2011 at 12:09 pm

nice artwork.
    but i really don´t get everyones love for the ac franchise.
    i tried all 3 games on ps3 but did´t finish 1 of it.
    the games get boring so fast, i really can´t motivate me to complete them.

4. johnny buongiornoon 29 Jun 2011 at 1:05 pm

i say “Yes” for that female one :)

5. Online9on 29 Jun 2011 at 1:25 pm

I agree, the girl one is a definite go. But I’d pay good money to have a western Assassin’s Creed. Awesome gunslinger assassin.

6. Shikion 30 Jun 2011 at 6:45 am

2nd one from the bottom!!!! \m/ \m/

7. Richard Fobson 30 Jun 2011 at 7:51 pm

I totally agree with donpureevil, its very addicting at first but when the thrills and excitement dies down, it gets boring… But still, it is worth your money, and I don’t regret having my Assassin’ Creed Brotherhood.

8. Xinon 30 Jun 2011 at 10:25 pm

He’d make a great cyberpunk (Shadowrun) character.

9. Ianon 10 Jul 2011 at 10:08 pm

Loved them all, the cowboy one makes the most sense of any western-style idea I’ve seen for AC (who’s going to where a hood and run on rooftops in that setting?), but the thing keeping a few of these back is the premise of AC restricts the series to a meditaranian setting. The egyptian assassin would probably go the furthest seeing how there’s a lot to run with when you throw an assassin into the Roman Conquest era. That would actually be really, really cool

10. Salaciouson 13 Jul 2011 at 12:27 am

You know I respected Assassins Creed for not immediately jumping to the obvious Feudal Japanese Ninjas and exploring Assassins in Eastern Europe but a lot of these just seem to just be Feudal Japanese Ninjas. If you want a ninja game so badly there are tons of Japanese stealth games out there.. And to be honest Japanese architecture wasn’t that impressive in the Feudal era, nor was anything else really it would be an extremely dull game that would only serve to please Japanese culture fanatics

11. Lon 24 Sep 2011 at 12:01 pm

I have to say, these are all pretty great. I think the space and western ones are the best.

Also, on the Egyptian one, there are no bald eagles in Egypt. The artist could have spent ten minutes to find any of the many birds of prey that are in/ near Egypt.