Jun 28 2011

You Know, I Kind of Like the New Justice League Look

Published by at 3:00 pm under Comics,Images

So DC is currently in the process of rebooting their entire universe, and with that comes a lot of changes, including costume alterations. I lamented last week about Superman now wearing a t-shirt and jeans, but it appears that was just his “casual Friday” outfit, and he still has an actual suit.

Above is a picture of the “new JLA”  which contains relatively few makeovers for characters, but good ones. I’ve always maintained that Superman’s underwear-on-the-outside look has GOT to go, and I think they’ve done a good job of changing his look here with the red belt and solid blue one-piece. I even don’t mind Wonder Woman’s new toned-down look, complete with pants. Flash, Batman and Green Lantern look the same, while Aquaman? That guy will never, ever look cool.

13 Responses to “You Know, I Kind of Like the New Justice League Look”

1. Jim Jaheyon 28 Jun 2011 at 3:29 pm

I agree that the Aquaman look sucks, but how can you say he was never cool? Don’t you remember Superman: The Animated Series? That bearded one-handed Aquaman from the 90′s was pretty F-ing sweet with his harpoon hand and overall craziness.

2. Arafaxon 28 Jun 2011 at 3:41 pm

Batman looks less…bulky.

And yes, the changes of Supermans Outfit are really good. Damn it all, if this goes on I’m going to read DC-Comics (I’m more the Marvel-Reader).

3. Bad Acidon 28 Jun 2011 at 4:33 pm

I was thinking of getting back into comics (since I quit WoW a few months ago), so I’m kinda edging on starting up whatever batman comics got reset. Damn DC’s timing was good!

4. NY not NYCon 28 Jun 2011 at 5:24 pm

Why always is it that I notice these things? What the crap is up with Batman’s package? The thing creates a shadow on half his leg.

Female body shape is always a hot topic; but I have some serious penile doubts now.

5. Paul Tassion 28 Jun 2011 at 6:01 pm

Yeahhh I noticed that too…..

6. Sylkmaticon 28 Jun 2011 at 7:11 pm

O man they got rid of the yellow belt…sad. But yea dont forget about that version of aquaman especially since he got rid of that crappy orange shirt…i mean I least hes not as bad as Namor.

7. Javieron 28 Jun 2011 at 9:00 pm

all looks good and nice….buut, why is cyborg there? he’s a Teen Titan not a Justice Leaguer…Martian Manhunter or Hawkman should’ve been there

and yeah, I know their faces are on the sides, but they’re core members, they should get the full body presentation

8. Arafaxon 29 Jun 2011 at 4:16 am

Does anyone of you guys know where I can find a bigger version of the Picture?

9. willon 29 Jun 2011 at 5:48 am

aquaman.. or as i like to call him.. seaman

10. Marcon 29 Jun 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh man…

They’re gonna make Cyborg the token black guy AND the token robot…

11. joshon 30 Jun 2011 at 1:11 am

i miss the original black green lantern :(

12. Weerd1on 30 Jun 2011 at 9:44 am

Marvel fans should be pleased; they look like Marvel characters. Since DiDio took over DC they’ve been moving that way anyway. I like the fact DC was a bit old-fashioned and iconic. I don’t need gritty realism in the comic book about the invulnerable flying alien with laser vision….

13. Marcon 12 Jul 2011 at 10:17 pm

Honestly they could be wearing potato sacks and Jim Lee would make it the coolest sack ever worn.