Jun 24 2011

I Declare You Cosplay Champion of the World

Published by at 1:00 pm under Images,Movies

Yes, it’s always nice to see hot girls dressed up as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat characters, but sometimes cosplay is more than just boobs, it’s about creativity and putting yourself out there.

I’m not sure who this guy is, but I know that he’s awesome. I’ve spent the last five minutes trying to figure out if he’s actually missing legs, or if they’re wrapped under the chair. I think he actually is disabled, as what I see under there looks too short to be legs for a guy that size.

And for those of you who don’t know who this is, really, you never watched (Wicky) Wild Wild West? One of the greatest awful movies ever, and Will Smith’s tour de force? Shame on you.

10 Responses to “I Declare You Cosplay Champion of the World”

1. kenyonon 24 Jun 2011 at 1:28 pm

its his legs underneath. imagine him kneeling on a downhill. that will help with the visualization. looks uncomfortable as hell.

2. DarkPassenger29on 24 Jun 2011 at 1:48 pm

The chair probably cost more than the movie made. j/k… it probably made tons but it certainly didn’t deserve it. Hated the movie and have not been a fan of Will Smith since. Guy did a great job though…

3. silly_sad_machineon 24 Jun 2011 at 3:23 pm

Does look uncomfortable, but bravos! I agree with Paul … hot girls Cosplaying is awesome, but this guy wins Eternal Champion of Everything Ever. Talk about going all out on the Lovelace costume. The gyroscope on the back of the chair is even spinning. The only thing that would totally complete this would be steam rising from the smoke stack on back. Awesome, awesome job.

4. Ronon 24 Jun 2011 at 4:23 pm

I think he is as “abled” as anyone.

5. Javieron 24 Jun 2011 at 7:25 pm

I think he wins the title mainly because if he isn’t disabled (which I think he isn’t and is kneeling like kenyon said) it shows dedication to fulfill the cosplay…cause if he is disabled, it is a cool costume but is just taking advantage of his disability to be more realistic..

6. General Teknoon 24 Jun 2011 at 8:58 pm

I saw this guy last weekend at the Calgary Comic Expo.

That is indeed the actual chair prop that he has for his costume. Not a replica.

And yes, the legs tuck under the chair. I got a good look. It also has whirring parts on the back and smoke that comes out the back end.

7. Jackon 24 Jun 2011 at 10:03 pm

He’s the main villian from the movie Wild Wild West

8. Mikeon 25 Jun 2011 at 11:36 am

Relevant video about this subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk

9. shellsbellson 25 Jun 2011 at 8:12 pm

I definitely saw this guy last weekend at a comic expo! So detailed, and yes, he was kneeling down and his legs are under his seat :D

10. Nomadon 14 Jan 2012 at 12:29 pm

Here is this dude ( Dr. Arliss Loveless ) in action… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbVLp0o9okY