Mar 09 2011

There’s Bad Cosplay, and Then There’s This

Published by at 1:00 pm under Images,Movies

We’ve been slacking in featuring some kickass cosplay on the site here in a while, and posting this picture certainly isn’t helping my cause any. It’s perhaps the absolute worst Star Wars costumes I’ve ever seen, though if that’s the guys actual hair on the left there, it’s mildly impressive.

It’s so bad it’s almost meta, and though that Threepio is probably going to haunt my dreams, I have to applaud these guys for having the balls to not only dress up as Star Wars characters in public, but to do it so terribly even other nerds won’t respect them for it. That’s an impressive feat.

Hmm, now I need to make a good cosplay gallery for tomorrow to make up for this. Any suggestions?

7 Responses to “There’s Bad Cosplay, and Then There’s This”

1. johnny buongiornoon 09 Mar 2011 at 2:15 pm

i’d like to see good firefly cosplay.
    is there such a thing?

2. Berton 09 Mar 2011 at 2:58 pm

For some reason the dude dressed as C3P0 reminds me of the late John Tenta’s stint as Golga in the WWE in the late 90′s.

In keeping with that theme, my suggestion is pro wrestling cosplay, if such a thing even exists.

3. Wite Boyon 09 Mar 2011 at 2:59 pm

thats just a hippie on the left

4. milrukoon 09 Mar 2011 at 9:07 pm

I worked at a movie theater when Episode I came out. Hated the people that came in costumes to watch the movie.

So, my buddy and I went as Luke’s severed hand and R2 costumes, made entirely from supplies readily available at the movie theater, including a clean new trash can that I wheeled him around in, and five garbage bag fingers that I taped to my shirt.

Needless to say, we were not popular.

5. Filthwizardon 10 Mar 2011 at 5:58 am

Have you seen the Team Rocket cosplay over at Geekologie?

6. dimensionallyTon 10 Mar 2011 at 1:17 pm

Ok, they are totally taking the piss. There is no way they are doing that seriously. It HAS to be meta!

7. wackaon 01 Aug 2011 at 12:36 pm

HaHa I like the geekologie plug