Dec 10 2010

Gee, Why Was This Xbox 360 Commercial Banned?

Published by at 2:00 pm under Video Games,Videos

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk

Yeah yeah, somehow people pointing imaginary guns at each other and shooting imaginary bullets causing imaginary death is reminiscent of too many mass shootings around the world, and so this commercial is relegated to YouTube stardom.

It reminds me of a cross between the famous fake gunfight in Spaced and that recent Call of Duty: Black Ops spot that drew fire for showing every day people shooting assault rifles. I think that one is way “worse” than this one, but no one got fake murdered in that one I guess.

6 Responses to “Gee, Why Was This Xbox 360 Commercial Banned?”

1. Lubzon 10 Dec 2010 at 2:34 pm

That was generally funny and shouldn’t have been banned but in the hyper-critical world we live in they had to know it would be.

2. Xinon 11 Dec 2010 at 10:50 am

There was a comedy skit troupe that made videos online but I can’t remember what they were called. They had made a video similar to this, but it took place during gym class.

3. Xinon 11 Dec 2010 at 10:52 am

Actually, I take that back. The group is called Olde English, and this is their video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1keGXeNWNW8

4. Neptunyon 12 Dec 2010 at 12:11 am

It’s sad, but fake shootouts are so fun. If I could partake in one as big as this, I’d have a helluva time. The problem is what this says to our kids, etc. Does our fun really need to involve play murder? I remember playing swords as a kid, too. I don’t know how I should feel about all this. *shrug*

5. Dezmondon 12 Dec 2010 at 12:47 am

The Commercial was filmed in my country (Argentina) There was a casting and an old lady went crazy in that casting.

6. Gabrielon 14 Dec 2010 at 11:38 am

This was an excellent commercial, I loved the part with the guy on the phone lol.