Nov 15 2010

An Amazing Dark Pokemon Wallpaper

Published by at 3:00 pm under Images,Video Games

(click to for wallpaper size)

I was actually tweeted this picture via my new Twitter account, so I’m not convinced that the medium is actually good for something. What I found in the link was this excellent “Dark Pokemon” picture that’s giant enough to be my new desktop background.

It features what Pokemon would look like if they were free of their family friendly creator, Nintendo, and were allowed to go down a darker, more twisted path. Can you imagine a console RPG where you capture and battle monsters that look like these?

I think I can place all of them. Team Rocket head there has Dugtrio, Nidoqueen, NidoKing, Rhyhorn and Mewtwo. Ash has Blastoise, Snorlax, Charizard, Venusaur, Lapras and Pikachu. I’m not sure who this other girl is, but she’s got a pair of Magnemites and what appears to be either Onyx or Gyrados, but I think it might actually be Steelix which I forgot existed. Great stuff all around and someone PLEASE let me know who drew this so I can virtually shake their hand.

9 Responses to “An Amazing Dark Pokemon Wallpaper”

1. Filosoraptoron 15 Nov 2010 at 3:53 pm

Pretty cool image. You forgot Golem for that guy on the left, by the way.

2. wooldoron 15 Nov 2010 at 3:57 pm

The other Girl is Jasmine from the Gold/Silver Series. She is one of the gym trainers

3. Jboon 15 Nov 2010 at 4:01 pm

The chick has a Steelix (what Onyx evolves into with a metal coat).

4. Gabrielon 15 Nov 2010 at 4:59 pm

Charizard and Nidoking look amazingly sinister, almost like final bosses in a game lol.

5. vidioton 15 Nov 2010 at 11:28 pm

okay this is getting ridiculous. the first 13 alt-pokemon art threads were fine, but you are pushing it with this shit. yes, its nostalgic, but overplaying the nostalgia card gets (cough) old quick.

6. L4NkYbon 16 Nov 2010 at 11:06 am

The Rocket guy looks like he has 7 pokemon (Cheater!), and I think it looks like he has both a Rhydon and a Rhyhorn. From the top they look like Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Rhydon, Rhyhorn(?), Golem, Mewtwo, Dugtrio.

In other related news, guess who’s sleeping alone tonight…

7. Jagonon 16 Dec 2010 at 6:24 am

The guy on the far left is actually Giovanni, Team Rocket’s boss, and is the 8th Gym leader in the original Red/Blue series. On that note I believe the artist drew Rhydon and Rhyhorn together to symbolise the pokemon Giovanni has in the games. Mewtwo is added because Giovanni *acquires* it in the television series. I still would have liked to see Pikachu drawn a little bigger and much more sinister.

Now some people might ridicule me by saying that I have no life. I would like to take this opportunity to give my rebuttal in advance:

No you..

8. Moonyfoxon 08 Apr 2011 at 8:09 pm

The chick is names Jasmine, she’s the steel type gym leader from g/s/c, and the pokemon is a steelix. :) I love the guy who did these pics. He makes such amazing pokemon art.

9. Phasma Felison 15 Aug 2011 at 12:45 am

“Can you imagine a console RPG where you capture and battle monsters that look like these?”

Pretty sure it’s called Shin Megami Tensei.