Oct 14 2010

The Best Songs of the Year Combined are Better Than All of Them

Published by at 2:00 pm under Videos

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U5SxHdQZKI

Alright, so this is one of the VERY rare occaisions I’m posting about music on the site here, because well, I know shit about music and how to write about it (the beats are…fresh?). But this video was way too cool to pass up.

It’s all the most popular songs of last year combined with each other to make one track, that frankly, is better than most of the songs in question. It’s a superb work of editing, as you wouldn’t imagine 25 tracks could be combined smoothly, but lo and behold, it creates a fresh beat. Sorry, I guess that’s the only way I can describe good music.

So take a listen, ten months late, but still pretty cool. I’ll look forward to hearing this year’s rendition in a few months.

13 Responses to “The Best Songs of the Year Combined are Better Than All of Them”

1. average joeon 14 Oct 2010 at 2:09 pm

every song – terrible. sigh.

2. shaunteon 14 Oct 2010 at 2:18 pm

hey thanks for that. i enjoyed it

3. JZon 14 Oct 2010 at 2:18 pm

that was obnoxious

4. sylkyon 14 Oct 2010 at 2:40 pm

Wow…this reconfirms the fact that I hate the radio and “popular” music.

5. flamingtoileton 14 Oct 2010 at 2:46 pm

There was actually one by the same DJ this summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQJ_SIVUVE

6. Valaon 14 Oct 2010 at 2:56 pm

The guy who does this calls himself djearworm, he’s did one for 2008 and 2007 as well…the one from 2007 is the best one in my opinion.

7. andrewon 14 Oct 2010 at 3:15 pm

Sounds like autotuned drivel to me. aka…the most popular songs of the year.

8. chokoladenudlenon 14 Oct 2010 at 9:18 pm

Yuck!

9. OTWarrioron 15 Oct 2010 at 2:59 am

That was awful. Just some crappy dance type remix. The different songs didn’t gel together that well.

This is a proper example of how it should be done

10. Karinon 15 Oct 2010 at 4:44 am

Next time you do this Paul, please don’t mislead with the headline. There’s a big difference between “best songs” and “most popular songs”. Just saying.

11. Candeeon 15 Oct 2010 at 9:40 am

Golly, quit your crying.

I admit, I don’t listen to the radio either (Okay, I’m lying, but the station I listen to plays stuff from the 40′s.), but if you’re really THAT concerned, go write a better song and try to get it blasted it everywhere. And if it turns out to be just as popular, are you going to say the same thing?

I freakin’ can’t stand Miley Cyrus though.

I’m not trying to be a troll or defend anyone, but Jesus Christ, can you at the very least appreciate the work they put into it before complaining about everything? They make more money than you, get over it. Go rob a bank.

12. JohnCon 16 Oct 2010 at 4:45 am

Legit artists like Jonny Craig, Closure in Moscow, At The Drive-In, Isis, Irepress, Tides of Man, Immortal Technique, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Ill Bill, Cynic (both the rapper and Masvidal’s crew) and the like are overlooked, while autotuned drivel like this gets the top spots on the charts.

It’s nice to have happy-go-lucky music here and there, but the false positive reinforcement that these songs push is actually really depressing (at least to me).
    How is it possible that anybody would believe this “plastic land of happiness” would ever be possible?
    Might have a lot to do with cynicism vs. idealism, but still.
    Being accessible for the sole purpose of being commercially viable is horrific.

It’s only existed since the existence of music companies, which says a good deal.

13. Yeyeon 16 Oct 2010 at 9:52 am

Ye ima have to say that was rather bad. My fav has been Girltalk – Feed the animals. Worth checking out. His previous album Unstoppable is also not bad but its got nothing on Feed the animals. Thanks OTwarrior for listing Norwegain Recycling, im rly liking it :)