Sep 08 2010

The Pokemon Hybrid Generator is Perhaps the Internet’s Greatest Invention

Published by at 11:00 am under Images,Oddly Enough,Video Games

Oh. My. God.

This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen, and I mean that without any sort of hyperbole. Some benevolent genius has decided to bless  us with the invention that is the Pokemon Fusion Machine, where you select any two Pokemon (up to #78 Rapidash at the moment, but more will surely be added) and you combine them with another Pokemon, creating the kinds of hilarious and awesome hybrids you see above.

Up there we have Ratdrill, Maduck, Butterape (hah!), Alacruel, Golbell and Squirtwag. But the possibilities are endless! Well not endless, but pretty damn extensive, and anyone who is good at math can come up with an exact number of combination to be made. But remember, a Ratatta plus a Beedrill is not the same thing as  Beedrill plus a Rattata. One field takes the body, the other the face and color, creating two different creatures for each pair, doubling the number of possible combinations.

If you don’t spend at least the next five minutes playing with this, I’m surprised you’re reading this site at all.

32 Responses to “The Pokemon Hybrid Generator is Perhaps the Internet’s Greatest Invention”

1. Schiapuon 08 Sep 2010 at 11:34 am

Thank you very much for wasting the rest of my day! :D

2. Hallo457on 08 Sep 2010 at 1:04 pm

Combine anything with Geodude, with Geodude being on the right hand side. The face is absolutely hilarious.

3. Alexison 08 Sep 2010 at 1:11 pm

I don’t think I’d every be able to look at a grown man seriously if he had some weird obsession-almost to the point of being a fetish-with pokemon. Seriously, I haven’t played pokemon since middle school and I’m in my 20′s, I suggest you do the same.

4. ShotgunDroidon 08 Sep 2010 at 1:36 pm

CPDR.

5. Paul Tassion 08 Sep 2010 at 2:08 pm

@Alexis

I haven’t actually touched a Pokemon game in probably close to a decade, I just think the stuff I post, like this, is funny. I do the same on a consistent basis for Star Wars, Mario Bros or any other long running franchises that have inspired large fanbases.

6. Gabrielon 08 Sep 2010 at 4:06 pm

lol at Butterape….

7. Matt Chion 08 Sep 2010 at 6:11 pm

Loooooooooooooove this.

@Alexis
    I haven’t watched the show or played a pokemon game in probably more than 10 years as well. Doesn’t mean I don’t love seeing stuff about it. Paul summed it up pretty well with the mario reference.

You seem like quite the bland person, Alexis, and the fact that you throw around terms like “Grown Men” to describe people in their 20′s, says a ton about how poorly your aging process is going. I fear for you when you reach your 40′s, hell, even 30′s. Maybe you should start watching Murder She Wrote and Wheel of Fortune re-runs now and get a leg up on the 50 year olds.

8. Mikeon 09 Sep 2010 at 12:07 am

Pikadude, lol. This is great.

9. Mikeon 09 Sep 2010 at 12:10 am

I’m literally laughing out loud here at some of these. Pikachu on the left with a bunch on the right are awesome too. Pikachu-Gloom and Pikachu-Golbat have me rolling.

10. Mecartistronicoon 09 Sep 2010 at 1:00 am

Kadabell likes singing!!!

Golduck looks like… yellow Golduck!

Polifable is… . weird…

If you were curious, the number of combinations would be 78 x 78 = 6084

Cool!!

(28 and haven’t played Pokemon since like 16)

11. Sethon 12 Sep 2010 at 12:16 pm

There are 12,168 combinations at the moment (6084 times 2 because it is different forwards and backwards). Thanks for posting this link!

12. Lyson 14 Sep 2010 at 1:07 pm

Well, I’ll be man enough to admit that I’m 22 and I still dabble in the pokemon games occasionally. Also, I have a vagina, so maybe this doesn’t apply to me at all…regardless, I hope I never get tired of the classic Nintendo games, including pokemon.

Love this! Thanks so much for wasting half my day :)

13. graceon 22 Nov 2010 at 6:41 am

my. god.

this is AWSOME.
    the funniest one i’v found so far is… MANFAIRY! (mankey and clefairy)
    my life now has a reason

14. Durgonon 05 Jan 2011 at 10:51 pm

These are just AWFUL. These arn’t fusions, these are just awful thrown together crap jobs. If someone with actual sprite editing talent were to do this, it might actually be worth looking through, but just looking through 3 of them has just been terrible.

15. Simbaon 10 May 2011 at 9:43 pm

I hope the other500 + pokemon are added soon. The fusions get stale pretty fast with just 78 pokemon.

16. Tesson 06 Jun 2011 at 12:23 pm

Those are absolutely hideous splices. The person who made these just recolored the pokemon and slapped on another pokemons face. I could make sooooo much better splices

17. Andrewon 17 Jun 2011 at 5:45 pm

@ Alexis

lighten up! i’m 10 now, at the rate i’m at, i’ll like pkmn till im 25.
    Just because someone likes to make something to laugh at and enjoy about an old video game doesn’t mean you can go posting things like that. for all you know, he could hate pkmn and do this to laugh at them more. So grow up!!!!!

P.S. im 10 and telling you something productive.

2011

18. Andrrewon 03 Jul 2011 at 1:17 pm

i love Machu! (machop and pikachu)

19. jaybirdon 01 Aug 2011 at 2:02 pm

wow…

20. Wolvineon 11 Aug 2011 at 6:08 am

@Tess and Durgon

I am a spriter, and though what you say is true, that many of them are not very professional or of good quality, I feel that this just makes them even more amusing. If you’re writing this off just because of the quality of them, you are idiots :3

Have a good day.

21. Andrewon 02 Oct 2011 at 8:22 am

i’m a new spriter,and i agree with Wolvine. if you dont like them then stay off this site.

22. ash is gayon 23 Nov 2011 at 9:07 pm

omg. kadarow is fucking awsome. kadabra on the left, spearow on the right

23. Nirakuon 20 Jan 2012 at 7:20 pm

Its not that good,all it has it Kanto, WHERE IS HOEEN

24. you are retardson 02 Mar 2012 at 8:17 pm

if you really think this is any good you have a long way to go all he did was replace the face and change the color its rediculous it is untalanted and fucking stupid

25. -D-on 24 May 2012 at 10:40 am

@ Alexis

Just felt the need to post, I’m 23, I use Emulators and ROMs to play the old pokemon games yes red/blue/yellow/gold/silver/crystal/ect, get over it, its a hobby, I also take and remake the games if/as i see fit with the Advance map editor, now whats soo bad about a hobby like this? You my friend are a looser.

btw, the splicing thing is a blast so what if its “Unprofessional”, dont like it click back in your browser..

26. Andrewon 28 Jun 2012 at 10:30 am

Emulators? ROMs? try playr.org

27. ZaphodBeeblebroxon 14 Oct 2012 at 2:37 pm

@ Alexis

HAHAHAAH

I’m 30 years old and I play Pokémon, I play from Blue to Black… 2.

I also play side games, Mystery dungeon is a rouge-like, Pokémon conquest an rpg-crossover, ne I am playing as we speak and enjoying ver much.

20 year olds are always so cute in their “I’m (really) an adult now, I don’t like kidsstuff! herpa-derp!”

it’s like a second-time 16-thing

28. ethemeakaion 04 Dec 2012 at 1:44 am

can u guys stop being so dickish hell i’m 28 and i still play pokemon games yes even the new ones upto gen 5 and still watch the anime(WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN A FUCKING CARTOON) and so far that site only has upto krabby which is pokemon number 98 in the pokedex giving u 19208 different possible combinations because 98*98=9604*2=19208

29. Psycodragonson 18 May 2013 at 7:08 pm

Hitmonchan’s face makes anything hilarious.

30. claytonon 30 Sep 2013 at 5:14 pm

well i saw someone did it with a Steelex…a 2nd Gen PKMN…how do you do it with more than just gen 1 PKMN

31. hion 18 Oct 2013 at 7:43 pm