Jul 23 2010

A Gallery of Calvin and Hobbes Art

Published by at 4:15 pm under Images

calvin_and_hobbes2.jpg

I was going to make another Starcraft post here, about like the top ten best matches or something, but I figured you guys would kill me, so I’m switching gears to something a little less hardcore.

Calvin and Hobbes is many people’s favorite comic strip for many reasons. It was well drawn, intelligent, hilarious, and never went on past its prime. It’s no wonder that so many artists want to create their own versions of the characters, and I’ve assembled the best ones I could find here.

Thanks to the always talented DeviantArt pool for most of these.

Slightly Terrifying

No More Cooties

calvin_and_hobbes11.jpg

A Little Too Romantic for Me

calvin_and_hobbes10.jpg

Do Not Make This Movie Ever

calvin_and_hobbes12.jpg

Now, To Take Over the World!

calvin_and_hobbes14.jpg

A Welcome New Owner

calvin_and_hobbes13.jpg

12 Responses to “A Gallery of Calvin and Hobbes Art”

1. chuckon 23 Jul 2010 at 4:45 pm

Please do the to 10 starcraft matches!!! it will would be awesome!!!

2. perxon 23 Jul 2010 at 7:42 pm

i think the 9th [or 6th from the last] is pertaining to rule 34 :P

3. Ajon 24 Jul 2010 at 5:33 am

Calvin and Hobbes collections taught me how to read. Seriously.
    I somehow remember that when I was in school my teacher told my parents I was “slow to learn reading.” I am not sure but I think I was just very uninterested in the standard fairy tales and fables stuff they love to teach kids. Anyway then I saw Revenge of the Baby Sat in an airport gift shop. Somehow I just knew I had to try this book.
    Low and behold my mind opened up to reading just like that. Sure half of the humor was over my head but I was asking my parents all the time what this word meant and such.
    Calvin and Hobbes saved my childhood imagination in a way. And certainly began my love of the written word. If you’ll excuse me I’ve got a very thick book to read thanks to Bill Waterson.

4. online-guitar-tuition's blogon 24 Jul 2010 at 11:38 am

[...] Its no wonder that so many artists want to create their own versions of the characters.Source:http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/07/23/a-gallery-of-calvin-and-hobbes-art/ Jul [...]

5. Tishyon 24 Jul 2010 at 3:52 pm

I think if I ever hear the news that they are making a Calvin & Hobbes movie, I’ll cry for a week. What a terrible, horrible idea.

6. Al Nonymouson 25 Jul 2010 at 5:38 pm

Calvin is the kid. Hobbes is the tiger.

The one that you titled “Don’t Wake Calvin!” should be titled “Don’t Wake Hobbes!”

7. Al Nonymouson 25 Jul 2010 at 5:40 pm

Calvin is the kid. Hobbes is the tiger.

So the drawing that you titled, “Don’t Wake Calvin!” should be titled “Don’t Wake Hobbes!”

8. POWER LUNCH « F-Listedon 26 Jul 2010 at 4:31 pm

[...] A Gallery of Calvin and Hobbes Art (Unreality Mag) [...]

9. [...] A Gallery of Calvin and Hobbes Art [Unreality] [...]

10. Matthewon 22 Aug 2010 at 3:12 pm

Number eight entitled I don’t know what that is. It looks like the front view of this Sinfest Comic Strip.

11. Matthewon 22 Aug 2010 at 3:14 pm

This is an interesting depiction of a realistic Calvin.

12. Jesson 10 Sep 2010 at 6:05 pm

Very cool. :)
    I loved Calvin and Hobbes as a kid… Loved? What am I saying?
    I love Calvin and Hobbes.