May 05 2010
The first picture of Chris Hemsworth in his Thor costume has emerged, as you can see above, and I think he looks pretty badass, though I’m surprised how literal his costume is compared to the comic. No black leather X-Men suits here.
The problem is, when you’re THAT faithful, you kind of just look like a really good Thor cosplayer rather than Thor in the lead of the Thor film. That being said, I do dig Hemswoth in the role from what I can see, and he does look a lot like Alexander Skarsgaard, who was my original pick for the part.
My only concern is for the Avenger, where they’ll have to explain how Thor the god of f*cking thunder lives in the same universe as mere mortals Captain America and Iron Man. I bet they’ll probably just have Tony Stark make a snarky joke about it and move on.
More Unreal Posts
- Skarsgard Joins Thor…No, Not THAT One
- Alexander Skarsgard as Thor? Um, Perfect.
- The Final Countdown: Natalie Portman loves Thor, The Big Bad Chuck Norris, and Picross Puzzles
- Debate of the Day – Thor: The Dark World
- Marvel Studios Updates Its Superhero Movie Release Dates