May 04 2010

Some of Your Favorite LOST Actors In their Earlier Years

Published by at 1:00 pm under Television

LOST Characters

As most of you probably know LOST remains one of the favorite television shows of Unreality.   And as we continue to analyze the show and eagerly anticipate what the hell is going to happen in the finale I can’t help but to wonder what’s going to happen to the main cast.

I mean the show’s been on for 6 seasons and for most of the actors on the show, this is by far their biggest success.  So what the hell are they going to do after?  My prediction is that only one or two actors stay relevant.  The rest will wind up in bit parts in movies and TV.  Then again, it’s tough to match LOST’s success.

But that got me thinking?  What were these folks doing before LOST?  While I’m not going to profile every actor I did manage to find some awesome “when they were young” pictures of some of our favorite cast members on the show….

Evangeline Lilly – Kate

Mark Pellegrino – Jacob

Jeff Fahey – Frank

Kevin Durand – Martin Keamy

Elizabeth Mitchell – Juliet

Josh Holloway – Sawyer

LOST Characters

68 Responses to “Some of Your Favorite LOST Actors In their Earlier Years”

1. Weson 04 May 2010 at 1:18 pm

@Henrik

sarcasm? or stupidity?

2. Grizzyon 04 May 2010 at 1:28 pm

What?! Miles was the bad guy from Rush Hour?! I never made that connection!

3. LawlessVictoryon 04 May 2010 at 1:48 pm

Something rather cool that I only recently learned is that Mark Pellegrino (Jacob,) who also played Rita’s douchebag ex, Paul, on “Dexter,” was the blonde thug at the beginning of The Big Lebowski. More specifically, he’s the “Where’s the money, Lebowski!” guy.

4. Nattybon 04 May 2010 at 2:15 pm

Lawless that’s the very first thing I noticed when I saw him on LOST.

5. NY not NYCon 04 May 2010 at 3:23 pm

This only makes me love Miles and Frank even more.

I was up late one night and Kate’s appeared on my television, telling me to dial up a 1-800 number to find locals to chat with (like her), I damn near pissed myself laughing. I am fairly certain is was right around time she was kidnapped by someone and handcuffed in a closet. She would moan and groan and she tried to wiggle her arms around her legs and crawl through a air duct or some such crap.

Anyways, I find her incredibly not attractive, but I know other people somehow do. The combo of the clearly spank bank material followed up by a terrible 1-800 commercial made me laugh with bitter glee.

6. cantforgetiton 04 May 2010 at 3:59 pm

Josh Holloway also had a bit role in the pilot of Angel in which he played a vampire attacking a chick in an alleyway. He looked pretty cool with the vampire makeup on.

7. saraon 04 May 2010 at 4:02 pm

I was watching Tombstone recently and noticed John Locke played the mayor…

8. Joshon 04 May 2010 at 4:24 pm

Off topic, but Faraday was completely awesome in Rescue Dawn. Totally outshone Steve Zahn (who gave the best performance of his career) and Christian Bale.

9. ikkeon 04 May 2010 at 5:51 pm

Jeff Fahey’s pic is from the Lawnmower Man!!! It still gives me the creeps when I think of all the telephones ringing. God…

10. Zahidon 04 May 2010 at 9:12 pm

Jos Holloway looks so much better now. So Kate was modeling for some dating/chat type service?

11. Codyon 04 May 2010 at 9:14 pm

Did Elizabeth Mitchell get a nosejob?

12. Mikeon 04 May 2010 at 9:33 pm

I spotted Kate as an extra in a scene in the school hall in Freddy vs. Jason.

13. The Man in Jackon 04 May 2010 at 9:39 pm

wow Mathew Fox has aged really well….richard anyone??

14. Marcon 04 May 2010 at 9:44 pm

Nestor Gastón Carbonell (Richard Alpert) played “Batmanuel” in the Tick live action series pilot!

15. ua_levion 04 May 2010 at 9:54 pm

Jeremy Davies (Faraday) was also Maggie Gyllenhaal’s boyfriend in “Secretary.”
    The movie’s well worth watching in that:
    a)it’s got Jeremy Davies
    b) it’s got Maggie Gyllenhaal nakey.
    Mostly b.

16. [...] out Naveen Andrews was a total babe before he was enlisted to play the militant, sexy Sayid on Lost. It also looks like he was in a Who [...]

17. LostFanon 04 May 2010 at 10:52 pm

Great pics. Look at Jeff Fahey! But I have to ask…where is Nestor Carbonell?

18. Bobon 04 May 2010 at 11:19 pm

Matthew Fox was so big he didn’t even fit in that picture. That’s incredible. I’m not gay, but if I was…

19. chelseaon 05 May 2010 at 12:15 am

my favorite josh holloway moment is him in aerosmith’s “cryin’” music video…. classic.

@Cody – she got a very noticeable nose job…. i thought she was ugly now, sheesh!

20. Bryanon 05 May 2010 at 12:40 am

This is more of a “pics before Lost” post? I mean, what do the Kate and Juliet pics show besides them being younger? If you want to know what they did before lost hit up IMDB or their own personal websites. I don’t mean to sound harsh, I thought I’d get some interesting or funny info about them due to the heading.

20 minutes until the new episode (east coast time)

21. Madisonon 05 May 2010 at 12:48 am

@ua_levi

Great movie. James Spader is perfect in that role.

22. Doc Brimleyon 05 May 2010 at 3:11 am

Nice job copying from the Lostpedia forums.

Don’t take it personally, this pictures are great and deserve to be shared.

23. contact-grillson 05 May 2010 at 5:35 am

That Ben prison discipline video was great. I remember it being posted on Digg a few years ago.

For Evangeline Lilly, they should’ve posted some of her gadget girl stuff from G4′s game review show Judgment Day.

24. Henrikon 05 May 2010 at 10:04 am

See you changed the Kate picture and removed my comment. You clever little douchebag.

25. kyleabakeron 05 May 2010 at 10:23 am

I recently noticed Locke in some episodes of Earth 2 with a similar role. I haven’t noticed the others besides Charlie and Penny in FlashForward.

26. vidokouon 05 May 2010 at 11:02 am

I can’t believe you didn’t use a pic of Durand/Keamy from his days as Lord Zipacna on Stargate

27. Imaginoxon 05 May 2010 at 12:33 pm

This is great! I cannot believe these pictures…so much fun!

28. [...] Some of your favorite Lost characters back in the day <Unreality> [...]

29. Dannyon 05 May 2010 at 1:48 pm

Terry O’Quinn also played the sheriff in ‘Stephen King’s Silver Bullet’…with the late Corey Haim. check it out.

30. Codyon 05 May 2010 at 5:48 pm

Ya. Definately better off with the nose job.

31. Kevin_Oon 05 May 2010 at 6:12 pm

I was watching Romeo and Juliet the other day and saw Michael (Harold Perrineau) from Lost. He plays the part of Mercutio and I thought it was funny to see him in drag. Here is a pic of him: http://www.freewebs.com/xxromeoandjulietxx/romeo_with_mercutio.jpg

32. donon 05 May 2010 at 6:28 pm

Jacob and the man in black were both in the same prison break episode

33. bocaon 05 May 2010 at 7:20 pm

you should’ve used a screen shot of elizabeth when she was in the movie Gia, opposite angelina jolie..

34. Daveon 05 May 2010 at 7:31 pm

Terry O’Quinn was Mitch Martin’s boss, Goldberg, in Old School.

“These numbers are completely…f***d!”

35. laloon 06 May 2010 at 5:28 am

AWESOME!!!!…now we have to wait 15 years for the “The Cast of LOST, Where are they now????”…lol

36. Ray-chillon 06 May 2010 at 5:53 am

These are awesome!!! you should do a second one with other cast members :D

37. [...] what the hell are they going to do after?   Better yet, what were they doing before?  Check out LOST actors before the show LOST. Similar Posts:Five Ways to Make The Office Much [...]

38. [...] The show’s been on for 6 seasons and for most of the actors on the show, this is by far their biggest success.  So what the hell are they going to do after?   Better yet, what were they doing before?  Check out LOST actors before the show LOST. [...]

39. BrevilleMonkeyon 06 May 2010 at 3:49 pm

Few I know Harold Perrineau (Michael) was Link in Matrix Reloaded, Naveen Andrews (Sayid) is in The English Patient, Malcom David Kelley (Walt) was Li’l Saint in the movie You’ve Got Served. Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) is in The Jackal with Bruce Willis, a episode of Walker Texas Ranger with the legend that is Chuck Norris and believe it or not he also was the voice of Johnny Gat in Saints Row.

40. jasonon 06 May 2010 at 11:00 pm

i just recently spotted Jin playing a medical student on seinfeld. others that come to mind.. sayid’s role in planet terror (of the grindhouse double feature). locke has been a lot of stuff.. but young guns was definitely his best role. classic. hurley on the game show russian roulette.. or selling weed to larry david in curb.

41. [...] Fonte Marcadores: Lost Compartilhe esta postagem! [...]

42. Atores antes de Lost « Vitrinandoon 07 May 2010 at 7:17 pm

[...] Via Unreality. [...]

43. alexison 08 May 2010 at 10:58 pm

JACK IS SEXY

44. credititon 09 May 2010 at 9:30 pm

good job crediting the sources… or even telling us what their from

45. lisagwilkinson 09 May 2010 at 10:01 pm

MIB (Titus Welliver) was also in a supporting part with Josh in Cold Heart. I love that movie. We see, shall we say, a lot of Josh!!

46. Idiotson 10 May 2010 at 12:31 am

That one pictures of Jorge as the kid is fake.
    Proof?

47. Before they were LOST « Blightersideon 11 May 2010 at 6:43 am

[...] http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/05/04/lost-characters-at-a-young-age/ [...]

48. [...] Some of Your Favorite LOST Actors In their Earlier Years [Unreality] [...]

49. Los actores de LOST cuando eran joveneson 18 May 2010 at 7:04 pm

[...] Los actores de LOST cuando eran jovenes unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/05/04/lost-characters-at-a-y…  por strike_freedom el 19:04 UTC [...]

50. [...] http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/05/04/lost-characters-at-a-young-age/ Share and Enjoy: [...]

51. [...] Actors before they were on LOST [...]

52. jasonon 23 May 2010 at 11:59 am

Just Great. Another one needs to be done with other characters. Why not put a caption of the movie or role that they were in. I recognize some of the movies but not many of the others.

53. Jacqualon 04 Jun 2010 at 2:26 am

Nestor Carbonell was the photographer in Brooke Shields’ magazine in “Suddenly Susan”… I’ve seen Terry O’Quinn in several JAG episodes (as Rabb’s old friend/boss/co-pilot/whatever), and also in NCIS, iirc, where Alan Dale played the director for a few episodes… Cynthia Wathros (Libby) was the girl Jim Carrey’s character falls in love with in The Truman Show… Jon Gries (Ben’s dad) was in The Pretender (good series, sadly cut short), but who can forget him as Laszlo, the closet weirdo in Real Genius? And last but not least, one of the eternal secondary actors, Fisher Stevens… From Short Circuit, to Hackers, thru Early Edition or the infamous Super Mario Bros movie.

54. MLon 07 Jun 2010 at 3:15 am

Terry O-Quinn was in X-Files as a supersoldier, plus one of the movies as an FBI agent.
    Michael Emerson starred in a last season episode as a psychic with ‘daddy’ issues.
    Alan Dale starred in the final season as a supersoldier / FBI double-agent.
    Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana) starred in both Lone Gunmen and an X-Files.

55. Paul Don 08 Jun 2010 at 9:39 pm

Alan Dale was Jim Robinson in OZ soap ‘Neighbours’ – with Jason & Kylie

56. [...] Pour plus de photos de nos Losties avant leurs aventures sur l’île ça se passe ici [...]

57. mr beardon 23 Aug 2010 at 4:36 pm

Jon Gries (Ben’s dad) also played Uncle Rico in Napolean Dynamite…quite the contrast.

58. heshooon 24 Nov 2010 at 1:53 am

i like lost in kurdistan of iraq

59. megon 07 Dec 2010 at 6:07 pm

jeremy davis (faraday) was also in Saving Private ryan! He was brilliant in that :) FUBAR

60. ralsLocamallyon 23 Feb 2011 at 8:19 pm

Probably the most pressing problems faced by NFL super fans day during and outing could be the right way of showing how large an admirer they could be especially of your certain team or player. Many fans can purchase hats, shirts, signed memorabilia, and lots of other different items. Objective common souvenirs however is known as a jersey where fan usually is using the aid of three possibilities: authentic, highest regarded, or duplicate. Within my estimation, if you desire to to factor up a measure and transition which has a super buff when compared to a realistic jersey featuring your team and also player may be the simplest way to move. These jerseys represent this jersey this professional NFL players experience and the ideal item for ones fan or else memorabilia banks. That the lots of closer can you get than normal smokes?
    One in the main obstacles that others worry as regards to when taking into consideration authentic jersey could be the price. Typically authentic jerseys are likely to be higher end instead of their replica/premier counterparts, but for example old adage says you will definately get all you buy. Like everything else, if you’d like the most effective than you are going to normally must save money to allow for it that occurs.
    One key feature evident in a realistic jersey open for the customized team wide variety embroidering in addition to sewn brand plates. The numerous numbers and even player labels are thoroughly constructed along with within their correct location out of your jersey.wholesale jerseys Having replica jerseys, the information and artists are show printed implementing machine technology along with the focus remaining more at producing several things that they could as opposed to the finest quality in the consumer.

61. Alertec medicineon 07 Apr 2011 at 1:53 pm

Alertec is frequently a head and temper enhancing stimulant that’s notaddictive, has no aspect outcomes and isn’t heading to impact rest. Generic prescription drugs.

62. yeah yeah yeah yeah yaaaa!!!on 03 Jun 2011 at 10:48 pm

Any fan of Lost should check out the film “Pin”, a creepy little film that Terry O’Quinn co-starred in around the late eighties.

63. jm51376on 24 Jun 2011 at 3:04 am

Nothing beats Terry O’Quinn in “Stepfather” parts 1 and 2 from the late 80′s.

64. Hatake Panicon 27 Jul 2011 at 7:21 pm

Desmond looks a lot like Jim from the Office.

65. Laurenon 04 Nov 2011 at 12:39 am

I think Mark Pelligrino was Billy in Lethal Weapon 3 and Elizabeth has that bitch on wheels don’t eff with me type look. oh and I saw Quinn’s ‘thing’ in Stepfather

66. Not Danielon 19 May 2012 at 5:42 pm

Jacqual wrote:

“Cynthia Wathros (Libby) was the girl Jim Carrey’s character falls in love with in The Truman Show”

Uh, no. Cynthia Watros wasn’t even *in* “The Truman Show.”

67. bazingaon 16 Jul 2012 at 9:49 am

That was too cute! But Terry O’Quinn, where dafuq is he in that picture?

Jack, Desmund, and Sawyer are still sex gods when they were young :D

68. SineSwiperon 03 Sep 2012 at 10:23 pm

Jeremy Davis was also in Solaris, as the quiet scientist type (similar to his Lost role). I think he’s an ICP fan because he was playing it in the movie, when they first introduced him.