Apr 21 2010

The Most Badass the Mushroom Kingdom has Ever Looked

Published by at 6:00 pm under Images,Video Games

mushroom-kingdom.jpg

(click to enlarge)

So I’ve been posting a lot of stuff from DeviantArt lately because frankly, I’ve been finding a lot of cool shit, but this latest find is perhaps the greatest piece of work I’ve seen on the site to date.

I had seen the Mario and Luigi pictured here before,  but the artist (lastscionz) must have decided to go back and take it to a new level with the baddies and peach. Good lord, I never though Mario enemies could be so terrifying. Look at that Goomba. For reference THIS is what a Goomba is supposed to look like.

I wish there was someway I could blow this up into like a five foot tall poster, but I’ll have to be satisfied with ordering a print here.  Only a few left so hurry!

20 Responses to “The Most Badass the Mushroom Kingdom has Ever Looked”

1. JZon 21 Apr 2010 at 6:37 pm

Dammit that set up is familiar. I dont know if its a movie or a video game but there is another poster out there with the bad guy looming over the two heroes ready to throw down like that. I want to say double dragon or something … This is going to bug me.

2. JZon 21 Apr 2010 at 6:49 pm

OK I think it was a cutscene in a NES Ninja Gaiden game. Now if google image search would hook me up …

3. Richon 21 Apr 2010 at 7:59 pm

Mario looks as he’s on a propaganda poster for Mother Russia!
    Damn fine looking print though.

4. XenoIrishon 21 Apr 2010 at 9:34 pm

Deviant Art is fucking awesome.

5. Madisonon 21 Apr 2010 at 10:43 pm

@ JZ

What you’re talking about is definitely familiar. Maybe it was Jacquio in the NG games, but also, could it be M.Bison standing over Ryu and Ken? I can’t figure it out, either.

6. [...] Link addthis_pub = ‘cortjezter’; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = ‘delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter’; Permalink [...]

7. Chrison 23 Apr 2010 at 2:32 pm

Where’s BONES?! :(

8. Donon 23 Apr 2010 at 2:48 pm

This is honestly a great art concept for a new game, just imagine playing a cel shaded game where everything is bad ass. wont happen though.

9. [...] has not done this is Mario. If it did, though, it may look like this. As seen on DeviantART, via Unreality. [...]

10. alexon 23 Apr 2010 at 10:48 pm

diablo, thats where it looks familiar

11. Gabrielleon 23 Apr 2010 at 10:56 pm

Ask him if he can make it print.

12. bearmonon 24 Apr 2010 at 12:01 am

I like it. It is awesome and better drawing I ever seen. Yoshi is so cute! And those two mario n luigi looks great.

13. Sarah O.on 24 Apr 2010 at 1:05 am

If you think Mario is badass here (I love this artist, I follow him on DA) then you need to check out ‘There Will Be Brawl’ over on Escapist. Quite possibly THE most epic web series I have EVER seen. You should watch and do a review. It’s epic getting to see all those old Nintendo characters slammed together in such a gritty decaying world.

14. Jameson 24 Apr 2010 at 3:38 am

have you made this into phones yet?

15. Christiaanon 24 Apr 2010 at 8:59 am

@JZ you mean this one? http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/200/a/3/Street_Fighter_Tribute_Art_by_NgBoy.jpg

Awesome artwork.

16. Weson 24 Apr 2010 at 9:55 pm

Nice!

If I was a producer, I would have the artist start making a movie!

17. [...] The Most Badass the Mushroom Kingdom has Ever Looked – Very nice! [...]

18. [...] Moustache Madness!” April 25, 2010 Bronte Leave a comment Go to comments Via Unreality Mag, I have to admit, the following is the most badass I have ever seen the Mushroom Kingdom look! [...]

19. Alexon 01 Jul 2011 at 12:34 pm

This is Super Mario Bros. as an RPG.

20. Bridget Kintzon 12 Jul 2011 at 10:04 am

This an awesome poster and site. That should be a great movie,too!!