Apr 14 2010

Real Life South Park is Far Stranger Than You’d Imagine

Published by at 6:00 pm under Television,Videos

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKbfUp-7iEI

I’ve been led to believe that this is a Comedy Central commercial meant to promote South Park in the Netherlands. It’s a live-action rendition of the show, but has slightly off voices which makes me question its legitimacy.

But that doesn’t mean it isn’t funny, and it really did clue me in as to how creepy Mr. Garrison would be in real life. The kids look pretty great, though Cartman needs to be a bit rounder. The face is pretty dead on though.

I’d be down to watch an entire episode filmed using these guys. Get the real voices though.

7 Responses to “Real Life South Park is Far Stranger Than You’d Imagine”

1. Jon 14 Apr 2010 at 7:27 pm

Hehe, I’m Dutch and I can confirm this was an April Fools joke in The Netherlands, for the Dutch version of Comedy Central. It was teased quite a lot and turned out to be a prank to promote the new season. It had created a lot of negative talks about the channel creating a real life version, for a real life version being too graphic and all. Good prank :)

2. Jon 14 Apr 2010 at 7:29 pm

Oh, and after watching the vid it pretty much explains it at the end. Silly me.

3. Dresteron 14 Apr 2010 at 8:56 pm

When I saw it, I thought is was pretty funny. It reminded me of New Kids on the block (dutch series), it’s just as crazy as Southpark would be in real life.

4. Butterson 14 Apr 2010 at 11:01 pm

DAMN this sucks!!

5. Stevenon 15 Apr 2010 at 9:04 pm

The voices are fucked up because the kids are speaking Dutch. The English is dubbed.

6. South Park in the Fleshon 16 Apr 2010 at 3:21 pm

[...] Unreality Read More About: · live action, netherlands, South Park, WTF? Share and Bookmark This [...]

7. Johnon 05 May 2010 at 4:52 pm

i would watch it if the voices weren’t crap and were done by the creators plus the syncing was off to