Apr 05 2010

The 15 Dumbest Video Game Tattoos You’ll Ever See

Published by at 2:50 pm under Images,Video Games

mario.jpg

I have nothing against tattoos, it’s just that there’s nothing I care about so much that I want it tattooed on my body for the rest of my life.  Some tattoos can be absolutely gorgeous, but again, I’m not sure I want a piece of art to become part of my skin.  To each his own, I suppose.

Anyway, we’ve posted various video game-themed tattoos in the past here on Unreality, but more often than not it has been to admire and praise the work done on them.  The thing is, for every cool video game-themed tattoo, there are at least five video game-themed tattoos that are simply idiotic.  It’s one thing to put a video game character on your body forever; it’s quite another if it’s poorly designed, inaccurate, or just flat out lame.  Below, take a look at 15 of the dumbest video game tattoos you’ll ever see.

74-game-over-tattoo.jpg

Neck tattoos say, “I’ve gotten as far as I want to in society.”

falco.jpg

Star Fox I could understand, but Falco Lombardi?

powerglovetatt.jpg

Yes, it is so bad.  The Power Glove is amongst the most worthless video game accessories of all time.

sho.jpg

You’re doing it wrong!  This is analogous to the America who gets a Chinese symbol that he think stands for “honor,” but really means “impotent.”

mario-master-chief-tattoo-400x515.jpg

No.  Just no.

sephiroth.jpg

It’s not so much Sephiroth that stinks, it’s the mediocre design and lack of color.  And, oh yeah, also because it takes up his entire back.

04.jpg

Good job, dude.  Even better than a real necklace.

nintendo.jpg

I never really understood logo/brand name tattoos.  Maybe if you’re the owner or founder of the company, but otherwise it’s just weird.

sega.jpg

Uh, see above.

ryu.jpg

At least this guy can grow his hair over this tattoo if he ever realizes how moronic it is.

bowser.jpg

I can’t decide if the cross makes it better or worse.

gameboy.jpg

This must have taken five minutes to do.  Six minutes tops.

marvel.jpg

This could be the dumbest one I’ve ever seen, which is really saying something.

computer-game-tattoo-2.jpg

Hmmm.  Maybe I spoke too soon.

finishhim.jpg

Shouldn’t one of them be barely conscious and struggling to stand up?

24 Responses to “The 15 Dumbest Video Game Tattoos You’ll Ever See”

1. Brendanon 05 Apr 2010 at 3:05 pm

I can’t wait till these people are like 70 years old and have to explain their tatoos

2. Madisonon 05 Apr 2010 at 3:07 pm

No kidding. A tattoo should look good regardless of your age. That’s gotta be rule #1.

3. NO_HEARTon 05 Apr 2010 at 3:20 pm

Number 11 is more a reference to whitest kids you know then video games, and awesome to see it here because after watching the sketch a couple of days ago I was wondering if anyone acturly got that tattoo.

4. Madisonon 05 Apr 2010 at 3:22 pm

@ NO-HEART

I’m a big fan of those guys (just check around this site to see), but I don’t recall that sketch…care to expound a bit?

5. Robon 05 Apr 2010 at 3:26 pm

The bowser on the surfboard with a cross and weed is a joke from The Whitest Kids you know. It’s about some guy who gets trashed and goes into a tattoo parlor and…well…just watch it, it’s hilarious.

6. Madisonon 05 Apr 2010 at 3:27 pm

@ Rob

You rule, thanks much.

7. shaunteon 05 Apr 2010 at 8:06 pm

im not sure all of them were actual tatts… my favorite was the down diagonal right punch. been thinking of getting the konami code tatted on me somewhere

8. [...] The 15 Dumbest Video Game Tattoos You’ll Ever See Submitted by Nirhana [...]

9. [...] I have nothing against tattoos, it’s just that there’s nothing I care about so much that I want it tattooed on my body for the rest of my life. Some tattoos can be absolutely gorgeous, but again, I’m not sure I want a piece of art to become part of my skin. To each his own, I suppose. Anyway, we’ve posted various Read ahead [...]

10. chelseaon 06 Apr 2010 at 12:31 am

i feel sad that there is nothing you care about enough to want to keep as a part of you for the rest of your life.

11. Madisonon 06 Apr 2010 at 2:28 am

@ chelsea

Maybe I wasn’t as clear as I could have been. Of course I’d want to keep my family and friends forever, I just don’t need a portrait of my mom on my bicep to memorialize this sentiment.

12. Jesseon 06 Apr 2010 at 4:25 am

The kid with the character select screen from Marvel vs Capcom is an obvious photoshop.

13. Megon 07 Apr 2010 at 6:07 am

I agree that the Marvel one is very obviously photoshopped. You did pick some good ones. WTF is that, Bowser playing guitar with a pot leaf and a cross? It says Happy Birthday something…interesting. Wonder if it was a dare.

14. [...] de los que veremos algunos tatuajes a continuación me resultan verdaderamente encantadores: fanáticos de los videojuegos. No es la primera vez que los vemos en cuerpoyarte pero sin dudas que vale la pena ver nuevos [...]

15. Meowster48on 08 Apr 2010 at 5:55 pm

Let people do whatever they want to there own bodies… its up to them, not the people who complain about other peoples matters.

16. ryon 16 Apr 2010 at 7:43 pm

btw, the bowser pot leaf cross tattoo is from a sketch comedy show. So its ok.

17. [...] Via: unrealitymag.com   Artículos relacionados:Ofertas: Colección CodegameNueva consola portatil de Nintendo [...]

18. blancaon 22 Apr 2010 at 5:39 pm

I think that this is so stupid. I can’t believe people would be up to get this tatooed in their bodies. They are probably regretting this already. Yeah they are!!!! Yes THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Meowsteron 24 Apr 2010 at 5:21 pm

STFU BLANCA! You just have nothing better to do but fucking complain and judge this people who you dont even know and know nothing about. Worry about your own fucking skin rather than make fun of others like a fucking 5th grade bully.

20. Meowsteron 24 Apr 2010 at 5:23 pm

Immature fucks you guys are…

21. [...] gaming tattoos can sometimes be cool. But UnrealityMag has 15 of the dumbest gaming tattoos you’ll ever [...]

22. Americanon 09 May 2010 at 5:17 pm

What is it with white people and their crazy tattoos? They are also the only group that are into all sorts of death defying sports. From the rest of us, get a life…who raised your ilk?

23. Madisonon 09 May 2010 at 5:27 pm

@ American

Don’t forget, we also become serial killers.

24. thamioson 18 Jul 2010 at 12:54 am

Falco? Yes falco! Who else (Besides fox) would you put, Slippy?