Mar 19 2010

The Most Badass Die Hard Tattoo That’s Even POSSIBLE

Published by at 3:35 pm under Images,Movies

die-hard-tattoo.jpg

Clearly, those of you who haven’t seen the movie won’t get the reference, but those of you who have? How awesome is this?

It took me a moment to connect the dots on the Season’s Greeting tape (which I’m still not sure was in the movie?) but in any case it references the time frame. And in addition to being a cool idea, the tattoo itself is just incredibly well executed, and looks like it’s literally popping off his back in three dimensions.

I dare you to try to find something that tops this.

12 Responses to “The Most Badass Die Hard Tattoo That’s Even POSSIBLE”

1. Lyreon 19 Mar 2010 at 3:40 pm

Coolest tattoo ever. Pure win.

2. josephbruceon 19 Mar 2010 at 3:41 pm

Die hard???

3. Dep103on 19 Mar 2010 at 3:54 pm

The tape was absolutely in the movie. OUTSTANDING.

4. Madisonon 19 Mar 2010 at 4:06 pm

Yippie-ki-aye, Mr. Falcon!

5. SirEdwardon 19 Mar 2010 at 5:39 pm

As a tattoo artist myself, I’m impressed.

Don’t know if I’d get a tattoo referencing Die Hard on my back, but hey, to each their own.

I’d like to get the name of the artist.. They’re good.

6. Velovanon 19 Mar 2010 at 5:49 pm

Epic win. Major props for the detail of the handgun.

7. Domon 20 Mar 2010 at 2:59 am

Yippie-ki-aye, mother trucker

8. Leonharton 21 Mar 2010 at 5:06 pm

Excellent. And by the way, yes, the season’s greetings tape was in the film.

9. Die Hard With A Tattoo — Tasty Boozeon 22 Mar 2010 at 2:46 pm

[...] Via Unreality Read More About: Share and Bookmark This Post: [...]

10. [...] For…. (Video) Stacy Keibler In A Tight Dress (Pics) Top Ten March Madness Buzzer Beaters (Videos) The Most Badass Die Hard Tattoo That’s Even POSSIBLE (Pic) Woman accidently texts cop to come do drugs with her (Article) Irish Spiderboy Fail (Video) [...]

11. MacGyver1138on 23 Mar 2010 at 8:41 am

That’s awesome. If you’re going to get a tattoo, you might as well make it as bad ass as possible, and this has that covered.

As others have said, the “Seasons Greetings” tape was the tape from the movie. He picks it up off of a cart that appears to have been used for gift wrapping.

12. TheGooch5396on 13 Jun 2010 at 3:32 am

Thanks for loving on the tattoo. It is my first and only tattoo. I told Mark what my idea was and he was so excited to do something new he went out and bought the movie just so he could pause it to get the right angle on it and to try to draw the tape accurately. He actually owned the gun so all he did was basically trace a picture he took of it. He did an AMAZING job on the detail. I was more than impressed when he showed me the initial drawing.

His name is Mark (don’t know his last name) and he owns Rising Tide in Newark Ohio.