Mar 15 2010

A Gorgeous Gallery of the Best Princess Zelda Cosplayer in the World

Published by at 12:15 pm under Images,Video Games

zelda-1.jpg

We’ve featured a lot of cosplayers on this site in the past year or so, but I’m not sure we’ve ever seen one quite like this, which is why she’s getting her own post.

This is a Princess Zelda costume that yes, features a very cute girl, but it’s so detailed and picture perfect that the result is an almost seamless blend of real life and animation, something I can barely ever say I’ve seen before in the world of fantasy costuming before.

Check her out below, and if any of you intrepid readers can come up with a name, let me know.

zelda-1-2.jpg

zelda-12.jpg

zelda-13.jpg

zelda-14.jpg

zelda-15.jpg

zelda-16.jpg

zelda-17.jpg

43 Responses to “A Gorgeous Gallery of the Best Princess Zelda Cosplayer in the World”

1. Lisaon 15 Mar 2010 at 12:24 pm

Zelda- http://lillyxandra.deviantart.com/
    Link – http://pikminlink.deviantart.com/

2. Madisonon 15 Mar 2010 at 1:48 pm

Amazing detail – these are great photos!

3. moron4hireon 15 Mar 2010 at 3:20 pm

god, this photographer sucks.

4. Spikeon 15 Mar 2010 at 5:22 pm

Well teh cosplay is amazing , but the photographs/ pothogarer is bad , blurry grainy .

5. Julianon 15 Mar 2010 at 5:27 pm

The background totally makes the scene to be honest.
    The dress looks great as well, but I really don’t think I’d have been wow’ed nearly as much without the setting.

6. Markon 15 Mar 2010 at 5:29 pm

Ears look a little fake…especially how they’re colored differently from her natural skin…minor nitpick….but the costume overall is wonderful.

7. wh173on 15 Mar 2010 at 6:28 pm

“god, this photographer sucks.”

agreed.

8. [...] Gallery here addthis_pub = ‘cortjezter’; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = ‘delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter’; Permalink [...]

9. Sahidon 15 Mar 2010 at 6:41 pm

Were these shot at the Gaylord Manor in Dallas TX? I did a shoot there, and it looks like the same place.

10. tardotronicon 15 Mar 2010 at 6:51 pm

FAKE, I CAN TELL BY THE EARS!!!1

11. [...] right from the games. I don’t have any other details about her, but I found the pictures via Unreality. Click below for the [...]

12. Mikeon 15 Mar 2010 at 10:10 pm

Isn’t this from that amateur Zelda movie?
    Looks awfully similar to me.

13. T-Baggon 15 Mar 2010 at 11:11 pm

Cool as fuck.

14. B.BarNavion 16 Mar 2010 at 12:01 am

“Sure, her Link still looks like a bit of a tool (I maintain its practically impossible to come up with an effective Link costume), but she definitely balances him out.”

“He” is a girl. And not only that, one of the better Link cosplayers out there.

Besides, Ichigokitty does a better Midna.

15. cyndirellaon 16 Mar 2010 at 12:52 am

*photographer doesn’t “suck” necessarily, a lot of the blurriness and graininess is from editting (though, agreed on a few pictures)
    *yes, the ears are fake, duh. and agreed as well it would look a thousand times better if they were latex ears that were given the specialty of someone taking the time to make them look real, but the idea here is that she is by far the best of the Zelda princess cosplayers out there.

Quit hating ppl!
    It was a great job!
    Props definitely. I think it would look more realistic if the costumes were hand made rather than bought, with older fabrics. and again, latex ears rather than plastic ones. The scenic backgrounds definitely made the shoot….but she did great (and so did her Link – female – partner, just a bad costume, yet again, needs to be hand-made!)

16. Podarkison 16 Mar 2010 at 12:55 am

Amazing! I like her very much!

17. slimyfrogzon 16 Mar 2010 at 2:05 am

I think the photos are supposed to be a bit blurry, not to mention they are also low-res. In Twilight Princess the game’s whole feeling is during the hour of twilight, so it’s probably to make the images seem more “dreamy.”

I’m also pretty sure Lillyxandra makes all of her own costumes, so just think about that when you look at the dress.

The “guy” is Pikmin Link — who infact is an AMAZING cosplayer as well. She got invited to E3 as LINK from TP so if that’s not something to meet Miyamoto, I don’t know what is. Personally, these two are the best Zelda and Link cosplayers out there — hands down, and the fact they got together to take a shoot is simply just awesome <3

18. halocursedon 16 Mar 2010 at 2:34 am

Awesome collection! Good Job

19. BKPon 16 Mar 2010 at 7:20 am

I personally think ThePrincessZelda does a better job of cosplaying as Princess Zelda.

20. eilonwyon 16 Mar 2010 at 9:18 am

Lillyxandra (Joellen) makes all of her own costumes. This is her website: http://www.firefly-path.net

21. chrystanion 16 Mar 2010 at 12:04 pm

tardotronicon 15 Mar 2010 at 6:51 pm

FAKE, I CAN TELL BY THE EARS!!!
    ==============
    Um no shit!!!
    Because its a real Princess Zelda’s running out in the world right?

22. sarcasticon 16 Mar 2010 at 12:16 pm

it could use some more tilted camera shots

23. lauraon 16 Mar 2010 at 3:01 pm

this is dumb

24. honour chickon 16 Mar 2010 at 3:55 pm

hmmmmm fap fap fap ;)

25. guyon 16 Mar 2010 at 6:46 pm

nice, but the cheap elf ears ruin it for me.

26. Robert Woodson 16 Mar 2010 at 11:38 pm

I recognize the setting its inside the resort of the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine Texas!

27. giron 17 Mar 2010 at 11:51 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA XDDD FAAAAAIL THE BEST PRINCESS?
    I mean HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!
    NOOOOOOOOOO XD I know a girl that cosplayed the princess and looked better that hear!

FAIIIIIIIIIIIL

28. Malloryon 17 Mar 2010 at 2:17 pm

Wow I dissagree with most of these comments. I think the photos look great! Also the comment about the Link was stupid because she is possibly the best Link cosplayer I have ever seen! Also her elf ears are great I think! Of course they are going to look a bit fake because, wake up call, they are!
    Just look at the details on the costume! I doubt any of you could do it as good as JoEllen!

29. Con 17 Mar 2010 at 5:16 pm

Hey Mallory: get life.

p.s. Anyone who would take the time to do something like this really, really needs to get a life. I mean seriously, unless you are getting paid to do this what is the point?

30. Mon 17 Mar 2010 at 6:14 pm

# Con 17 Mar 2010 at 5:16 pm

Hey Mallory: get life.

……………………………………………….

Pft, C, there’s more to life than money. One does not simply becom an artist because there’s money in it. One does because it’s what they enjoy and what fulfills them. I for one agree that Lillyxandra is the number one best Zelda cosplayer there is out there, and she makes her costumes from scratch, including that one. Fake looking ears or not, she’s got the face, the figure, and the talent to pull off Princess Zelda.

And of course, Pikminlink make an amazing Link as well. Aside from being a woman, she’s got the whole package down.

31. Kiton 18 Mar 2010 at 3:38 pm

*sigh*…this chic is kind of a jerk btw

32. Sakion 19 Mar 2010 at 10:01 pm

Yeesh. Some people just don’t get it. I know this might be the best Zelda cosplay I’ve seen and perhaps some of the best video game cosplays I’ve seen. The fake ears might distract, but the dress and armor really bring this alive.

This one really made my day.

33. Churmyon 20 Mar 2010 at 6:35 pm

The photographer doesn’t suck actually and well duh the ears are fake so why bother about it[thats why its called Cosplay guys] But anyways if they only used latex for the ears maybe it’ll be somewhat realistic.And about the costume, its fantastic :]

P.S. I agree she’s the best cosplayer i’ve seen as of now

34. [...] he (she?) might not be a hot as this glorious Princess Zelda from a few weeks ago, but man, without a doubt this is the coolest, most detailed Link costume [...]

35. [...] Unreality.com gave me a great review~ Thank you!! [...]

36. Shazon 17 Jun 2010 at 1:06 pm

No matter how many times I look those pictures I still love JoEllen as Princess Zelda. Even after looking through pictures of other Zelda cosplayers who I admit, look nice too, I still think JoEllen makes a great Zelda.

Lots of credit must be given to Pikminlink and JoEllen for making their own costumes and props. Gah, that chainmail must be a pain to put together >.<

37. Cartharsison 09 Jul 2010 at 6:05 am

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but this Zelda is nothing compared to the REAL Princess Zelda.. just look at this-

38. Mikeon 30 Jul 2010 at 7:17 pm

dat bitch needs a nose job!

39. telecom bookon 02 Aug 2010 at 7:16 am

wonderful cosplay, I like this …

40. Trifuckon 04 Oct 2010 at 12:21 pm

If you picked up the October issue of Nintendo Power there’s a page where they interviewed the best Zelda cosplayer ever. She’s PikminLink’s upgrade from this inaccurate one they decided to feature.

akuriko.deviantart.com

41. Serenaon 02 Nov 2010 at 6:13 pm

I met her! She is a really sweet and kind person, and her costume is amazing in person. THIS is amazing cosplay :)

42. Michelleon 19 Apr 2011 at 11:43 am

This looks like some of the shots from the zelda project

43. Chrison 11 Aug 2012 at 2:13 pm

where did you get the costume it’s beautiful