Jan 30 2010

“MOOOM, They’re Not Dolls, They’re Action Figures, Okay?”

Published by at 11:09 am under Images,Movies,Oddly Enough

star-wars-figures-1.jpg

Just what the hell are you looking at here? Why that would be a collection of roughly eighty billion Star Wars figures, which I actually think features more characters than the actual movies had in them. The dude could man a 1/12th size Death Star with that compliment of Stormtroopers alone!

I’ve always wondered what inspires people to collect things to such a degree. I topped out at about 300 assorted X-Men, JLA and Avengers figures, WHEN I WAS TEN, and tbey’re all messed up due to the fact that I was repeatedly slamming them into each other. I also have a binder full of every Pokemon card in pristine condition from the first three sets released, but again, this was the better part of a decade ago…..except for that pack I bought last week because I was curious.

There are a ton more pictures of the details of this collection, which you can find here. Good God.

10 Responses to ““MOOOM, They’re Not Dolls, They’re Action Figures, Okay?””

1. vincentDon 30 Jan 2010 at 3:04 pm

call me whatever you want… but if you ever plan to sell those pokemon cards, please let me now

2. Prof. Frinkon 30 Jan 2010 at 3:57 pm

I bet he house where these figures reside is shaped like the Death Star

3. eRockon 30 Jan 2010 at 11:17 pm

“Why that would be a collection of roughly eighty billion Star Wars figures”

Even at 1 dollar a piece, well… thats more billings than major corporations.

Crap figure. Maybe a few thousand tops. Math fail.

4. jdjjdjon 30 Jan 2010 at 11:17 pm

not behind glass? Bad call.

5. Fayetteville Videoon 31 Jan 2010 at 12:02 am

I still have most of my star wars figures. But it’s only like 10 of them.

6. Hey Lady!on 31 Jan 2010 at 6:58 pm

I guess when some people REALLY like something and have a tendency to be obsessive, this is what happens.

Just hope he/she never has THAT kind of love for another person.

7. At least it's orderly.on 01 Feb 2010 at 1:35 pm

Seriously, the money probably could have been put to better use, but the collection itself looks great.

8. [...] No, No, No! I Said The Sand Around The Yacht! (Pic) Caressa Cameron : Miss America 2010 (Pics) “MOOOM, They’re Not Dolls, They’re Action Figures, Okay?” (Pic) 8 Rejected iPad Prototypes (List) Read More About: · Afternoon Links Share and [...]

9. Joshuaon 01 Feb 2010 at 11:18 pm

Is anyone else kinda hoping for a small earthquake? No? Must just be me.

10. [...] hello there crazy Pokemon girl, there’s someone I’d like you to meet, Crazy Star Wars guy.  I hope the two of you have a long and happy life together and I’ll send you a Pikachu [...]