Dec 16 2009

David Cross Has a New Show!

Published by at 4:00 pm under Uncategorized

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIF3Jo61xlE

So regular readers will know that I’m a big fan of David Cross from his days on Mr. Show to his epic turn as Tobias on Arrested Development. When I saw his stand up a few weeks ago, he showed us a clip from his new UK show, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, and now I have part of that clip to show you here, as the one he showed us was about five minutes longer. But we paid $30 to see him, so screw you.

It features Will Arnett who I do not believe will be a regular part of the show, and Spike Jonze and Amber Tamblyn show up as well. Also, I’m guessing they don’t have recurring roles, which is too bad. I think the show definitely has potential, and hopefully it lives long enough to get picked up by HBO or Showtime.

So what do you think?

6 Responses to “David Cross Has a New Show!”

1. AaFEon 16 Dec 2009 at 4:20 pm

Resisting the temptation to write “First,” i must say I enjoyed that. I’ll be looking forward to it.

2. zomgmouseon 16 Dec 2009 at 4:23 pm

Ambivalent, I am.
    On the one hand, these people have been previously funny, and there are quite a few good bits in that.
    On the other, it gets quite repetitive and predictable (yes, even in a short clip).
    I don’t know; maybe it’s hard to tell just from three-and-a-half minutes, but something just doesn’t do it for me.

3. Warrenon 16 Dec 2009 at 5:03 pm

Good clip but I’ll watch pretty much anything with David Cross. He is without a doubt one of the funniest people alive.

4. Madisonon 16 Dec 2009 at 5:06 pm

Absolutely hilarious. I love me some Cross.

@ Warren

Agreed – have you seen his standup? It’s the best.

5. jibsonon 16 Dec 2009 at 6:36 pm

i watched the episode, it was pretty darn good, possibly a bit too english at times for you folks.
    it was also just a pilot, channel 4 made a selection of pilots and only a few will get made based on the public reaction.

6. fallingon 16 Dec 2009 at 7:57 pm

love the cross, love the arnett, hate the margret