Nov 20 2009

The Evolution of Microsoft Windows

Published by at 11:45 am under Lists,Oddly Enough

Microsoft Windows

Remember when the first Nintendo system came out?  Hell I can remember playing Gyromite!  Think about how much that system has evolved over the years.  Well let’s go back to around the same time shall we?   Let’s trek back and take a look at something we’re all familiar with:  Microsoft Windows.

From the DOS days all the way up to the frustration of Windows Vista we’ve all had our ups and downs with the software giant.  We’ve laughed, cried, and have even smashed our screens.  But Windows, you’ve always been there for most of us.

Check out this amazing photo evolution of Microsoft Windows

Thanks to Damn Cool Pics for these

Microsoft Windows

9 Responses to “The Evolution of Microsoft Windows”

1. Madisonon 20 Nov 2009 at 12:50 pm

I remember the video for Weezer’s Buddy Holly came with Windows 95. Weird.

2. illeaturfamilyon 20 Nov 2009 at 3:44 pm

ohhhh ms dos…. i remember having to manually type in commands in dos prompts to start up my video games back in the day. KidCAD, wolfenstein 3d, ducktales, prince of persia… so many good memories

3. average joeon 20 Nov 2009 at 11:32 pm

used a pc all my life. switched to a mac earlier this year, and i can’t begin to describe how much simpler and less buggy it is. not trying to be a fanboy, because i still think windows is viable and useful, but comparing mac to pc is like comparing bmw to kia. just sayin.

4. Samon 21 Nov 2009 at 6:28 pm

It’s sad, I’m only 21 and I can still remember 3.1. We skipped plenty of iterations… I think we went from 3.1 to DOS 6, to 95 to XP and now on to 7, but we saw a lot of it. The joys of having a father who works with computers.

5. What the Buck?on 23 Nov 2009 at 1:01 am

[...] The Evolution of Microsoft Windows [...]

6. [...] the same time shall we? Let’s trek back and take a look at something we’re all familiar with:  Microsoft Windows. No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post) Similar Posts:None Found You can follow [...]

7. djmick V2: All Things Sexy & Coolon 28 Nov 2009 at 1:53 am

[...] Exploring the Evolution of Microsoft Windows [...]

8. Jack Missourion 14 Dec 2009 at 10:46 am

I think its so funny everyone thought that windows 7 was gonna be so awesome and fix everything…but windows xp frooze less, vista is very bad and good.

9. jonon 23 Jul 2010 at 11:47 am

Ya I remember those good ole’ days played wolf 3d and the first doom. I don’t know about everyone else but I am still with Windows xp and im doing great. I don’t think i will change unless i am forced by gunpoint…and then i might debate.