Nov 20 2009
As I played through the campaign mode of Modern Warfare 2 last week, I pondered that video game cutscenes aren’t really going to exist pretty soon. With in-game graphics catching up to cut-scene graphics, a lot of times there’s no real need to break from gameplay to show something truly epic, I thought to myself as I hauled ass across the National Mall dodging helicopters and fighter jets falling from the sky after an EMP pulse.
However, that certainly wasn’t always the case, which is why I’ve assembled this collection of the best video game cutscenes I could find. I haven’t played all these games, as a lot of these were suggestions (thanks Reddit!), but the ones in this list that stayed with me the most was almost anything found in Final Fantasy X, the amazing sing-a-long outro for Portal and the pure evil found in many of the Twisted Metal closing films.
See all those and more below, and if I’ve missed anything, shoot me a link and if I like it, I’ll add it to the list.
1. Red Alert 2 – Intro
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 - Raiden vs. Vamp
3. Final Fantasy X – Sudeki da ne
4. Descent: Freespace – Intro Movie
5. Warcraft III - The Death of Grom Hellscream
6. The Darkness - Jenny’s End
7. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 – Ending
8. Command and Conquer – Kane Disposes of Seth
9. Final Fantasy VII – Aeris’s Death
10. Portal - Still Alive
11. Suikoden III – Intro
12. Homeworld – Intro and Mothership Launch
13. Starcraft - Terran Campaign Ending
14. Twisted Metal Black – Mr. Grimm
15. Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia – All Sorts of Awkwardness
More Unreal Posts