Nov 11 2009

The Coolest Science Fiction and Fantasy Chess Sets in the World

Published by at 10:00 am under Images

sw1.jpg

I enjoy playing chess regardless of what type of board or pieces I am using.  I can still appreciate, however, a custom or unique chess set, especially when it has a theme related to a movie or story I’m a fan of.  There are a lot of people who prefer a chess set with a theme instead of a standard set, and some of those people have taken it upon themselves to create chess sets that may serve better as a piece of art than as a game.  I looked around the Internet for really cool, original chess sets that had science fiction or fantasy themes, and I think I found some pretty cool ones.  Take a look at what I found – including an incredible Masters of the Universe themed set – after the jump.

Star Wars:

alice1.jpg

alice2.jpg

alice3.jpg

Masters of the Universe:

chessgood1.jpg

chessbad1.jpg

9 Responses to “The Coolest Science Fiction and Fantasy Chess Sets in the World”

1. Media on the Web | Gunaxinon 11 Nov 2009 at 2:32 pm

[...] The Coolest Science Fiction and Fantasy Chest Sets in the World (Unreality) [...]

2. [...] The Coolest Science Fiction and Fantasy Chess Sets in the World [...]

3. matton 12 Nov 2009 at 4:54 pm

I’ve seen some pretty cool LOTR themed sets too

4. Madisonon 12 Nov 2009 at 4:57 pm

@ matt

Me too. There were a ton to choose from, actually, but in the end, I didn’t think any of them were as cool as the ones I posted.

Thanks for reading.

5. MacGyver1138on 13 Nov 2009 at 5:46 pm

The Star Wars and Aliens ones are my favorites. I really like the Gieger-esque border for the Aliens board.

6. Madisonon 13 Nov 2009 at 5:49 pm

@ MacGyver1138

The Aliens one really does it for me. I like the MotU one, too, but the weak pawns prevent it from being as good as the Aliens one.

7. BrianKon 25 Dec 2009 at 8:18 pm

Hello! I’m newbie in Internet, can you give me some useful links? I know only about Yahoo Yahoo http://yahoo.com Yahoo

8. Alex Sopler Hetrolon 11 Apr 2010 at 11:27 pm

This is awsomeness!!!!!!!!!(especialy the lego greedo!)LOL!

9. Raul Lopez Pomareson 24 Jun 2011 at 4:59 pm

the most amazing chess set ever…http://iberiko.deviantart.com/gallery/29239100#/d33u5kp what do you think :)