Nov 09 2009

There’s a Calvin in All of Us

Published by at 3:00 pm under Images

calvin.jpg

Without a doubt, the best photo project I’ve seen in a long time.

Speaking of a long time, I really miss Calvin and Hobbes, the newspaper comics haven’t been worth reading since. Have you seen the kind of crap that’s on the front page these days? Get Fuzzy? Really? This is why I read Toothpaste for Dinner and XKCD now.

10 Responses to “There’s a Calvin in All of Us”

1. Madisonon 09 Nov 2009 at 5:32 pm

I miss C&H, too. How long can one read about Garfield loving lasagna? Ugh.

2. Ryanon 10 Nov 2009 at 9:23 am

you are welcome.

the one where he is standing in the rain, talking about his dream is the best.

3. SoPon 10 Nov 2009 at 3:16 pm

are you kidding? Get Fuzzy is amazing. Calvin was better, and the majority of the comics section is crap, but at least we still have Get Fuzzy, Dilbert, and fox trot on the weekends to tide us by.

4. Josephon 10 Nov 2009 at 5:53 pm

XKCD is horribly overrated. Pretentious and obscure references do not equate to quality.

5. J Richon 10 Nov 2009 at 7:46 pm

My kid will definitely be doing this as soon as they are old enough to pose.

Great idea and great photos.

6. Nikon 10 Nov 2009 at 9:46 pm

Don’t you hate it when Asians try to be white.

7. Weson 10 Nov 2009 at 11:04 pm

^There are Asian Americans too Nik the prick.

8. dodoman1on 10 Nov 2009 at 11:29 pm

@Wes: “American” doesn’t mean “white”.

Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic of all time and shall never be replaced. It shows what it means to be a child in the purest, most truthful way. I have all the collections of it. Also, Get Fuzzy is pretty funny in its own way, although the best newspaper comic in print today is Frazz. Look it up if you’ve never heard of it.

9. TheShaton 11 Nov 2009 at 12:54 am

I knew Calvin & Hobbes was funny even before I understood half the stuff that Calvin said. Bill Watterson was/is the greatest comic artist ever. Fantastic writing and even more fantastic drawing (when he felt like it).

10. Stevoon 11 Nov 2009 at 10:41 am

I did this same thing as a gif back when I was 36 years old. It’s fun for all ages.